Writing Europeans Out of Their Own History

Started by pr126, December 07, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 07, 2018, 06:40:42 PM
Lets provide some context here since the points clearly being missed.

Yes, I can see why this seems silly, because its just an actor playing a part. Honestly in this context it doesn't bother me if someones of another skin color is playing the role of white, blond haired character in history as long as they play the part well. The only time this might bother me is in a larger scale production like a movie, where I would hope for things to be more accurate in terms of character portrayal. If they made a moving about queen Elizabeth being brown skinned I have no problem claiming it not really historically accurate. 

But lets be honest here. If they had a white girl playing the role of lets say rosa parks, or Harriet Tubman, I think its fair to say the same vitriol would be shown to them by certain far leftists, even if as your all saying 'its just acting'.

I think the inequality, not the camp, is what is at issue here.  Just kill the artistic Left already, for violating their poetic license.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 07, 2018, 04:54:24 PM

Actors?  So are all the media including all the politicians and lawyers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 07, 2018, 05:03:08 PM
pr, have you heard a series called Merlin? (2008-2012) I think you'd esp. love the Guinevere character in that one. Apparently, one of the production location was France. I smell conspiracy, don't say I didn't tell.

Oh. I am still laughing.

My daughter loved that one, but she is very liberal, and Guinevere could be "black irish" ... so no, not Nordic at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2018, 06:45:39 PM
You mean like when Will Smith played James West?

;-)

Yeah, I am so glad he freed the Blacks from slavery!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 07, 2018, 06:53:04 PM
did people complain about that? if they did it didn't register.

We are all racists, except Shiranu.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

But lets be honest here. If they had a white girl playing the role of lets say rosa parks, or Harriet Tubman, I think its fair to say the same vitriol would be shown to them by certain far leftists, even if as your all just saying 'its just acting'.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

PickelledEggs

Lets provide some context here since the points clearly being missed.

Yes, I can see why this seems silly, because its just an actor playing a part. Honestly in this context it doesn't bother me if someones of another skin color is playing the role of white, blond haired character in history as long as they play the part well. The only time this might bother me is in a larger scale production like a movie, where I would hope for things to be more accurate in terms of character portrayal. If they made a moving about queen Elizabeth being brown skinned I have no problem claiming it not really historically accurate. 

But lets be honest here. If they had a white girl playing the role of lets say rosa parks, or Harriet Tubman, I think its fair to say the same vitriol would be shown to them by certain far leftists, even if as your all saying 'its just acting'.
NO. ONE. IS. RE-WRITING. HISTORY. BOOKS. TO. SAY. THAT. THE. PEOPLE'S. ETHNICITIES. ARE. DIFFERENT. FROM. WHAT. THEY WERE.

Read that slowly and let it sink in.

Casting a fucking actor that is a different ethnicity is not writing people out of history. It blatantly does not equate to that.

Also. Let this sink in. You LITERALLY WERE JUST RAGGING ON LIBERALS FOR THE EXACT SAME THING. YOU ARE CRYING ABOUT CULTURAL APPROPRIATION FROM ACTORS PLAYING A PART IN AN ACTING ROLE.

How fucking thick headed are you.

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

I'm actually fucking pissed.

I have never been this pissed at this forum before in my life. And it isn't even about what is being said.... it's the context of what is being said and by who said it. It's about the bold-faced hypocrisy. Literally the other month you two were just pissing on liberals for the exact fucking same thing.

If you aren't trolling, you I'm assuming you're literally retarded.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

PickelledEggs, calm down and do some breathing exercise, think your reading more into something then there actually is.

The way your full cap scream texting means your offended by something you made worse in your head.

I already said, I don't care if someone in a reenactment of a person is played by someone of a different ethnicity in a play or theatre piece. I only expect them to put the effort in if its a larger production like a film or TV show.

And that goes for any historically accurate portrayal. If they made a movie of martin Luther king and had Hugh Jackman as him, I would be kinda perplexed at that choice.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2018, 08:31:14 PM
Not that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Well I never saw the original series and kinda liked the movie, so I didn't come from a place desiring authenticity. I doubt they had giant steam powered spiders though in the original series.

drunkenshoe

Nobody is missing the point, but you. I'll just leave at that.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 08, 2018, 06:14:12 AM
Nobody is missing the point, but you. I'll just leave at that.

I guess siding with pr on some issues means I'm now part of the borg, just so we're clear.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on December 08, 2018, 06:18:25 AM
I guess siding with pr on some issues means I'm now part of the borg, just so we're clear.

I wasn't trying to be offensive. On the contrary. Usually, when I write something, you find it agressive. You either purposefully refuse to refer anything I point out in a post and tell why you think the way you do and I the way I do, or you delete your response. Either way, it is never a dialogue.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp