Writing Europeans Out of Their Own History

Started by pr126, December 07, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteThe indigenous European people are being written out of their own history, folklore and mythology by those who wish to re-write history and strip Europeans of their traditions and culture in order to propagate the lie that Europe was always multicultural and that people who did not originate in Europe have played pivotal roles in European history, and crucially that non-Europeans have a right to stake their claim to European soil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBx0pqTSL0&t=311s

That's OK. Preparing the next generations for right-think. Only proper.

Very 1984.  Winston Smith is working for the BBC now (Ministry of Truth).
The future generations will not question it, it will be the Truth.
Our history going down the memory hole.
No one will know better.

Baruch

They make all of French history like this.  In their movies, the Indians are played by Vietnamese, and the Cowboys are played by Frenchmen.  You are just going to have to like being French fried.

https://www.businessinsider.com/thomas-alexandre-dumas-france-first-black-general-napoleon-bonaparte-2018-3

Would France portray this guy as White?  How about Napoleon as Italian (which his ancestry was)?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

THEY ARE FUCKING ACTORS.

Casting an actor =/= writing something... especially not writing something OUT of history.

I never fucking thought I would see the day when right wingers started to cry about cultural appropriation.

You god damned fucking babies. You literally were just on liberals for the exact same thing.

PickelledEggs

Congrats, PR. You've just joined the victim olympics that you have been overly bashing for the last few years.

Shiranu

On a semi-but-not-really-related note, I do actually find it quite fascinating that Europeans do have a legitimate history of writing themselves out of it, going back to at least the Greek Dark Ages and the Bronze Age where actual empires became mythological stories... or in England where the indigenous British have merged with Romans, Celts, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and been sort of lost to time even though they still exist.

The amount of cultures that have been lost, or incorporated into larger cultural groups, in Europe is actually really interesting and it is a shame that they have been written out of history by the major players in European history.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 07, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
On a semi-but-not-really-related note, I do actually find it quite fascinating that Europeans do have a legitimate history of writing themselves out of it, going back to at least the Greek Dark Ages and the Bronze Age where actual empires became mythological stories... or in England where the indigenous British have merged with Romans, Celts, Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and been sort of lost to time even though they still exist.

The amount of cultures that have been lost, or incorporated into larger cultural groups, in Europe is actually really interesting and it is a shame that they have been written out of history by the major players in European history.

Losers don't write history.  Go tell the Sumerians ...

e2 mu-ud-du3-en ... I/you will build the house.  Untranslatable for 4000 years.  While greatly admired for inventing almost everything, by 4000 years ago until today, they were completely replaced by the E Semites (Hebrews were Canaanites aka W Semites).  They were eclipsed by the first Semite emperor, Sargon of Akkad.  Then overwhelmed by crop failure from climate change, and barbarian (Gutian non-Semite and Amorite Semite) population replacement.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on December 07, 2018, 12:41:20 PM
That's OK. Preparing the next generations for right-think. Only proper.

Very 1984.  Winston Smith is working for the BBC now (Ministry of Truth).
The future generations will not question it, it will be the Truth.
Our history going down the memory hole.
No one will know better.

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 07, 2018, 02:12:34 PM
THEY ARE FUCKING ACTORS. ...

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

pr, have you heard a series called Merlin? (2008-2012) I think you'd esp. love the Guinevere character in that one. Apparently, one of the production location was France. I smell conspiracy, don't say I didn't tell.

Oh. I am still laughing.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Lets provide some context here since the points clearly being missed.

Yes, I can see why this seems silly, because its just an actor playing a part. Honestly in this context it doesn't bother me if someones of another skin color is playing the role of white, blond haired character in history as long as they play the part well. The only time this might bother me is in a larger scale production like a movie, where I would hope for things to be more accurate in terms of character portrayal. If they made a moving about queen Elizabeth being brown skinned I have no problem claiming it not really historically accurate. 

But lets be honest here. If they had a white girl playing the role of lets say rosa parks, or Harriet Tubman, I think its fair to say the same vitriol would be shown to them by certain far leftists, even if as your all saying 'its just acting'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

You mean like when Will Smith played James West?

;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2018, 06:45:39 PM

;-)

did people complain about that? if they did it didn't register.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 07, 2018, 02:12:34 PM
THEY ARE FUCKING ACTORS.

Casting an actor =/= writing something... especially not writing something OUT of history.

I never fucking thought I would see the day when right wingers started to cry about cultural appropriation.

You god damned fucking babies. You literally were just on liberals for the exact same thing.

Yet Gods of Egypt is awful.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on December 07, 2018, 06:53:04 PM
did people complain about that? if they did it didn't register.
Not that I know of, but it wouldn't surprise me.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on December 07, 2018, 08:30:06 PM
Yet Gods of Egypt is awful.

As Hollywood?  Or because real Fellahin were not harmed (or used) in making the movie?  The documentary ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dklixqvNcss

Is the real deal.  Certainly after studying Middle Egyptian earlier this year ... it seems pretty authentic ;-)

The Egyptian woman teaching us Egyptian Arabic a year ago, is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.  So I think Egyptians are real, even if Wakandans are not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2018, 06:45:39 PM

;-)

I like Will Smith in anything, even a dress ;-)  Yeah it was the other guy who wore the dress that time, same as in the TV show.  So that movie really didn't change things up too much.  James West should have been the cross-dresser too.  Early feminist.  Play Artemis Gordon as his cross-race gay lover.  Boy George would go ... Reee.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.