News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Change of signature

Started by Baruch, December 02, 2018, 12:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Atheistforums increases my interest in the past, in religion, ironic, isn't it.

So I have changed my forum signature after 3.5 years.  From Hebrew to Babylonian, though the meaning is similar.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Heck, I change my sig with some frequency. It's no big deal.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 02, 2018, 05:27:20 PM
Heck, I change my sig with some frequency. It's no big deal.

Same.

Babylonian siggy is pretty cool though, Baruch. And I don't know why I always spell your name wrong...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on December 02, 2018, 07:20:32 PM
Same.

Babylonian siggy is pretty cool though, Baruch. And I don't know why I always spell your name wrong...

It's OK, your dyslexic typing.  Most people have the same problem.

Well almost Babylonian.  The language is Babylonian, but the actual symbols are that new fangled (and contemporary) late Bronze Age thing ... an Aleph-Beth.  Credit the Canaanites of Ugarit.  If the Sea People's hadn't destroyed them in 1170 BCE, we should be traversing the Gamma Quadrant by now.  If we can get beyond writing things on clay tablets that is ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Hell I forgot I had one.......meh.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Baruch on December 02, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
Atheistforums increases my interest in the past, in religion, ironic, isn't it.

So I have changed my forum signature after 3.5 years.  From Hebrew to Babylonian, though the meaning is similar.

I remember i searched on Google trans. your old sign. written in Hebrew alphabeta and it meant peace in Hebrew, not that "may you be well and healthy..."

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on December 12, 2018, 01:41:22 PM
I remember i searched on Google trans. your old sign. written in Hebrew alphabeta and it meant peace in Hebrew, not that "may you be well and healthy..."

Shalom ... yes.  But that means many things, as do its sister words in all the other Semitic languages.  Babylonian is Semitic too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.