News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Womexn

Started by pr126, November 30, 2018, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

QuoteFeminists Are Offending Themselves Over The Word "Womxn." Various groups have decided that the word is more inclusive and should be adopted yet many people within Feminism feel that 'woman' is sufficient to include all women anyway and its resulting in an untenable backlash.

H&M was criticized and a museum apologized over using the word but now people are claiming it isn't offensive so what do you do?

If you try to support social justice eventually you'll be criticized for being problematic and "womxn" shows us that no matter what you do there is no appeasing the social justice crowd because there are no rules.

Just another brick in the wall.

It is part of the deconstruction of a culture.
Singling out a particular culture and no others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHYVW7KIN8o

Baruch

It was observed years ago, that White women have no right to protest.  They are too privileged.  Now that people think that lesbians and trannies should be treated like regular women, even Black women are afraid of losing their victimization mojo.

So in Feminism, the Black, Hispanic, Lesbian, Jewish, trans-sexual is Queen of the hill.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

These people don't want inclusivity, they want their own clique with the mask of it being 'progressive' to be part of it
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 01, 2018, 05:33:01 AM
These people don't want inclusivity, they want their own clique with the mask of it being 'progressive' to be part of it

Think "Mean Girls" the movie, brought to life.  Hell is being in HS and never leaving.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I can't help but smile to myself about all the variations women have tried to use in modern times.  It's not that I blame them.  English, at least, seems to make them some subset of humanity whereas "man" is the default root.

But on the other hand, all the women I'm met have used the default male terms for themselves equally.  A group of women will casually say among themselves "hey guys, why don't we..."  Or "look you guys".  and never give it a second thought.

Don't we actual "guys" get a term of our own to use?

And I don't mean that as a cheap shot or anything.  I spent 20 years in a carpool that was otherwise women, and I know how they talk among themselves.  I think no disrespect is meant either way.

And if a feminist wants to argue for "wyman" or "womyn", that is fine.  Any self-identified group should have some control over the terminology.  Call yourselves "flargs" for all I care (and if you do, I will try to keep to that).

I understand that terms matter.  Let Queens call themselves "Kings" and Duchesses "Dukes".  Maybe the Egyptians had it right with every leader being a "Pharoah" regardless of gender.  And let's have "President" be gender-neutral after some election here (as it has been elsewhere). 

But stop torturing the word "women" in such minor spelling ways...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Two women, three opinions.  Very Jewish, that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

This is old news about a fringe group of feminists that has never come close to going mainstream. Shall we start frantically worrying about Otherkin while we're at it?

Not that I expect rational thought from you these days, PR. The Muslims under your bed and feminists in your closet are just waiting for you to fall asleep so they can pounce. Gotta stay woke so that doesn't happen!

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 09, 2018, 09:44:12 PM
This is old news about a fringe group of feminists that has never come close to going mainstream. Shall we start frantically worrying about Otherkin while we're at it?

Not that I expect rational thought from you these days, PR. The Muslims under your bed and feminists in your closet are just waiting for you to fall asleep so they can pounce. Gotta stay woke so that doesn't happen!

Otherkin sounds Native American in origin.  As a demi-god would I qualify as an uber-other-kin?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 09, 2018, 09:44:12 PM

Question, if PR was Jewish, would that dismissive tone about radical muslims coming for him be extended?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on December 10, 2018, 09:49:34 AM
Question, if PR was Jewish, would that dismissive tone about radical muslims coming for him be extended?
If PR was Jewish, he would have far more to worry about from white nationalists. Radical Muslims can only dream of being as dangerous.

So yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 10, 2018, 09:54:48 AM
If PR was Jewish, he would have far more to worry about from white nationalists. Radical Muslims can only dream of being as dangerous.

So yes.

Think you'd want to rethink those statistics

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/shame-of-anitsemitism-on-left-has-long-malign-history

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on December 10, 2018, 10:39:58 AM
Think you'd want to rethink those statistics

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/01/shame-of-anitsemitism-on-left-has-long-malign-history
There are no statistics in that editorial piece. Here is the first article I found via a simple google search on the subject of anti-Semitic hate crimes.

Anymore red herrings you wanna throw my way, or can I go back to laughing at OP’s paranoia?

Edit: formatting.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 10, 2018, 09:49:34 AM

From the POV of Jewish Orthodoxy, once Jewish always Jewish, unless you become Christian.  That is the one unforgivable sin .... so Pr is.  And as an atheist Jew radical Muslims would put his destruction ahead of even a rabbi.  Gentile commentators have a hard time relating to this ;-)

One of my Jewish friends, he is from the South, considers himself Southern, not NYC.  HE is conservative, not liberal.  Though he has lived in Boston and elsewhere.  The Guardian article is about Europe and European intellectual history (see Rothschilds) ... a very traditional anti-Semitism.  Not at all like any American kind.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 10, 2018, 11:04:15 AM
There are no statistics in that editorial piece.

Not only were there no statistics, I couldn't even find a NUMBER in that article, LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!