This ought to make Shiranu happy

Started by PopeyesPappy, December 14, 2018, 11:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 02:51:04 AM
You mis-state the facts (as usual).  If the Republicans voted for breathing, so would the Democrats.  It is when the Democrats vote for breathing FIRST, that the Republican decide they must be against it. 

When pure angry partisan politics get involved, you can be sure the Republicans are on the wrong side.  That is VERY sad and I wish it would change.

I wish politics would just stop.  Including the partisanship (false dichotomy).  But we are all Jews now, in Hitler/Stalin world.  People always vote for totalitarianism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 03:00:01 AM
I wish politics would just stop.  Including the partisanship (false dichotomy).  But we are all Jews now, in Hitler/Stalin world.  People always vote for totalitarianism.

I don't envy you your dark world.  I have treaded just this side of the line you crossed sometime in your past.  But I stayed on this side by becoming more open to other people.  Even if I DO consider some of them "idiots" casually...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 03:14:24 AM
I don't envy you your dark world.  I have treaded just this side of the line you crossed sometime in your past.  But I stayed on this side by becoming more open to other people.  Even if I DO consider some of them "idiots" casually...

Yeah, like you seeing pictures of African slaves beaten by Southern masters (and yes I agree that was wrong) ... pictures of 1933-1945 can't be unseen.  The horrors since then, simply aren't as photogenic (genocide in Rwanda).  First they came for the Hutus, but I wasn't a Hutu ..
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.