Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

LoTR is Racist!

Started by pr126, November 27, 2018, 12:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 12, 2019, 09:01:25 AM
I looked that up.  I saw and left...

More importantly, IIRC, Sauron never seduced anyone quite that way.

You simply aren't into S&M ... Sauron would be an awesome sadist ;-))

Sauron with a masochist leader of Minas Tirith ...

Denethor:  Please destroy my city ...
Sauron: No
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2019, 12:19:48 PM
You simply aren't into S&M ... Sauron would be an awesome sadist ;-))

Sauron with a masochist leader of Minas Tirith ...

Denethor:  Please destroy my city ...
Sauron: No

Cracked UP.  That was GOOD!  In that sense, Sauron SHOULD have seen close up as his Ring melted with e "mere" Gollum holding it.  But better safe than sorry. Let the deed be done safely.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Sauron had no respect for OSHA.  Mt Doom would have never have passed a safety inspection.  There weren't even any safety rails over the diving board platform into the lava pit ;-((
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on November 27, 2018, 01:08:30 PM
Grow up and/or fuck off dude.

I was quoting what Buruch said about him. Your little kid games of cherry picking aren't cute, they are pathetic.
I swear, almost all of munch's recent posts of the past year is just him being a conservative troll.

Baruch

Time warp dude?  Part of an Outer Limits episode?  Look at the date on that necro!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on January 12, 2019, 04:50:41 AM
I'm not quite sure about that.  I think Sauron certainly sufferred a great loss of power when he lost the One Ring he had put so much of his power into, but he surely still held much.  And I have the impression that the power of the One Ring was such that it sought the best way to return to Sauron. 

And I had the impression that Sauron willingly changed his form to The Eye rather than was forced to give up his corporeal form (I would not debate this, as I said "impression" in a slight uncertainity).  But I think most of him was still there aside from the Ring. 

Consider thgis.  When the Ring was present at the Council Of Elrond, was Sauron present?  No, the Ring gained power by closeness to Sauron.  So Sauron was still the major force (as I think a Mian).

When Gollum took the Ring, Sauron was still the majot force (see the Nazgul streaking to My Doom).

But I am at the limits of my recollection.

But there was also a suggestion that the Hobbits (being relatively innocent of power) were not so "of little power" as being less influenced by it.  Bilbo gave it up 3 times after all (once to Gandalf to examine, once when it was thrown into his fireplace, and finally in the envelope to Frodo.  As Gandalf said "Hobbits are rather tough".  And Frodo set the Ring aside at the Council Of Elrond (forgive me if I don't get some of the terms exactly right, it's been years).

It was only after the hardships of bearing the Ring even to the very heart of Mordor that Frodo began to yield to the power.

Didn't Sauron manifest himself as a "necromancer" after he was defeated, before he had that eye tower thing? I don't know. The lore of LotR is really confusing sometimes.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

The Hobbit  movie says "the Necromancer" was in the old castle, and that turned out to be Sauron.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 13, 2019, 12:04:25 PM
The Hobbit  movie says "the Necromancer" was in the old castle, and that turned out to be Sauron.

So he was in a spirit form, raising the dead, and causing trouble until he was caught and forced to flee? It seems like the eye tower was made for him, but followers who hoped to take advantage of his power once the ring had been returned to him.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

I thought he "rebuilt" the Eye Tower?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

When the LotR movies where at their height and popularity, and lotr merchandise was everywhere, I got several encyclopedias on the whole tolkein universe, spent much a time going over the details and characters in the world he made.

Some of its foggy now, but I still have the books and informations easy enough online.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 13, 2019, 04:42:51 PM
When the LotR movies where at their height and popularity, and lotr merchandise was everywhere, I got several encyclopedias on the whole tolkein universe, spent much a time going over the details and characters in the world he made.

Some of its foggy now, but I still have the books and informations easy enough online.

So, dish it out!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

I pretty much got everything about the book and film, including much of the stuff left out from the movies. But it was the deeper lore, like in the silmarillion, the evil or morgoth, the great lanterns, the trees of valinor, their destruction by morgoth and ungolient, all broader sense of lore the actually enriched the Tolkien universe for me even more.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 13, 2019, 11:49:54 AM
Didn't Sauron manifest himself as a "necromancer" after he was defeated, before he had that eye tower thing? I don't know. The lore of LotR is really confusing sometimes.

Duh.

Sal1981

I'm reminded about an episode of Deep Space 9 of a slave-like race, the Jem'Hadar that are bred for warfare and only warfare. Well, in this episode the away crew come across a Jem'Hadar infant, and Odo takes him under his wing, because for some reason the Jem'Hadar worship the Founders, and Odo being a changeling, the same race as the Founders, so this Jem'Hadar worships Odo. Odo tries to change his nature, that he should be considerate and basically good. It doesn't go well in that episode.

It's the old nature vs nurture debate.

Anyways, it's a fantasy setting in LOTR, where non-human invaders try to kill everyone that isn't an orc or uruk-hai. That SJWs try to play this as something else entirely is just ridiculous.

Baruch

With humans, we share the same nature.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.