Christian Missionary killed by tribe on north sentinel island

Started by Munch, November 24, 2018, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 26, 2018, 02:03:37 AM
Video of the killing might be instructional for others who want to try it.  And for the authorities who are trying to let those people live their lives in peace...

People migrate.  So there is no peace.  Not even in one's own household.  So you want to privilege some primitives, because some Elite live in gated communities?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 26, 2018, 02:51:36 AM
People migrate.  So there is no peace.  Not even in one's own household.  So you want to privilege some primitives, because some Elite live in gated communities?

1.  Non-sequitor.
2.  Those people weren't migrating.
3.  Gated communities aren't involved.
4.  Whether you have peace in your household is irrelevant to those island people.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 04:49:45 PM
1.  Non-sequitor.
2.  Those people weren't migrating.
3.  Gated communities aren't involved.
4.  Whether you have peace in your household is irrelevant to those island people.

Context.  My post was contra using this as "illustrative" example in other circumstances.  In which case, it is apples vs oranges.  Unless everyone is an island dwelling savage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 05, 2019, 07:11:57 PM
Context.  My post was contra using this as "illustrative" example in other circumstances.  In which case, it is apples vs oranges.  Unless everyone is an island dwelling savage.

Your post was quite clearly about the specific islanders invaded by the missionary.  Please don't insult our intelligence by pretending otherwise.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 05, 2019, 08:30:26 PM
Your post was quite clearly about the specific islanders invaded by the missionary.  Please don't insult our intelligence by pretending otherwise.

You misread, need glasses?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.