Christian Missionary killed by tribe on north sentinel island

Started by Munch, November 24, 2018, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Does one still carry disease when they die? I hope the can find the body and either get it out or burn it or  maybe god can rapture it once it is uncovered so he can find it.....ole god has a hard time finding humans it seems....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

His fellow cult members could just pray to God to bring his body to them.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on November 26, 2018, 04:28:31 PM
Does one still carry disease when they die? I hope the can find the body and either get it out or burn it or  maybe god can rapture it once it is uncovered so he can find it.....ole god has a hard time finding humans it seems....
Bodies are buried or burned because they're contagion dangers. Bugs can migrate from the body to the soil, water or air.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 26, 2018, 04:18:25 PM
Maybe they believe that without a Christian burial he won't go to Heaven?

But that makes no sense, since he would presumably have met their other criteria for inclusion among "the saved."

But then, very few of their beliefs make sense.

If their cult believes in bodily resurrection (not spiritual as Paul said) ... then yes, they have to recover the body to facilitate his resurrection as a brain eating Christian zombie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: aitm on November 26, 2018, 04:28:31 PM
I knew an undertaker that told me a couple of times, "If I do my job right, all disease stops with me."  He was bragging when he'd say it, and I did wonder if he knew what he was talking about, but then he knew more than I did about dead bodies filled with embalming fluid, I suppose.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on November 28, 2018, 08:36:09 AM
I knew an undertaker that told me a couple of times, "If I do my job right, all disease stops with me."  He was bragging when he'd say it, and I did wonder if he knew what he was talking about, but then he knew more than I did about dead bodies filled with embalming fluid, I suppose.
The rule is that there should be nothing alive when the corpse goes into the ground.

However: People who are hired to move graveyards are advised that they will have to be quarantined for 2-3 months after the job is done. Ninety days locked up with a crowd of manual laborers, sounds wonderful. I'd go sane.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 28, 2018, 12:30:14 PM
The rule is that there should be nothing alive when the corpse goes into the ground.

However: People who are hired to move graveyards are advised that they will have to be quarantined for 2-3 months after the job is done. Ninety days locked up with a crowd of manual laborers, sounds wonderful. I'd go sane.

That was because in days of yore, 20% of the people buried, were in comas, not embalmed.  Cremation usually works though.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on November 28, 2018, 01:11:30 PM
That was because in days of yore, 20% of the people buried, were in comas, not embalmed.  Cremation usually works though.
The heart doesn't stop when a person is in a coma. The respiration doesn't stop when a person is in a coma.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 28, 2018, 01:14:48 PM
"Usually"? Yeah, I'd certainly hope so! LOL

The demonic consider the lake of fire to be a vacation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 28, 2018, 01:18:52 PM
The heart doesn't stop when a person is in a coma. The respiration doesn't stop when a person is in a coma.

Burial standards were lax even 100 years ago (so evidence shows) ... and families/murderers didn't want inquests.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnDMmkPqj7I

I'm expecting other such missionaries to try the same thing, and I hope they all meet the same end.
God Not Found

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on December 04, 2018, 03:44:28 PM
ugh, the young turks..

I don't think those D party cretins would ever try anything actually risky.  They are journalists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.