Christian Missionary killed by tribe on north sentinel island

Started by Munch, November 24, 2018, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on December 04, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
I don't think those D party cretins would ever try anything actually risky.  They are journalists.

in loosest sense of the word.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

I originally thought "one more crazy religious idiot missionary and good-riddance".  But then I read about the possibility of pathogen infection.  That hit hard.  The people he interacted with do not have the experience and survival of many common diseases we "moderns" have. 

The missionary's thoughtless act of exposure of an isolated group was unthinking and possibly lethal.

I hope he died painfully...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 05, 2018, 03:56:33 PM
It wasn't karma, it was consequences.

It was karma for me, knowing someone that thoughtless of their actions and the lives of others got them killed, and that just feels good.

It's the same feeling when I read a report of a big game hunter getting killed by animals.

Unbeliever

OK, but that's not karma. Karma happens in the next life, not this one.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

https://www.persecution.org/2018/11/26/icc-clarifies-earlier-news-release-regarding-death-missionary-john-chau/

QuoteICC Clarifies Earlier News Release Regarding the Death of Missionary John Chau

11/26/2018 Washington D.C. (International Christian Concern) â€" International Christian Concern (ICC) issued a news release on November 20, 2018, titled “American Missionary Reportedly Murdered by Hostile Tribe in India.” Near the end of that news release, we included this sentence: “A full investigation must be launched in this murder and those responsible must be brought to justice.”

This language calling for justice for the victim is “boilerplate” language in our news releases, as we continually deal with governments around the world that fail to prosecute perpetrators of religiously motivated violence.

John Chau was fully aware of the risk of his visits and returned to the island even after being shot at with arrows where he narrowly escaped.

We have no wish to see his killers prosecuted even though the Indian police called for such in early statements to the Indian media.

ICC’s thoughts and prayers remain with Chau’s family and friends.

I hope this faith-head group doesn't try to retaliate against the islanders. I wouldn't put it past them.

God Not Found

Munch

people just can't let well enough alone.

then again we live in a world where people hunt animals to near extinction, and only species surviving due to them being protected in parks.

sometimes wish fort nature to start things over again.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 07, 2018, 08:20:27 PM
Yeah, that's pretty funny!

People are the same everywhere.  But nobody is like a proboscis monkey, except a proboscis monkey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.