FGM Ruling Foreshadows the NEW AMERICA Emerging

Started by pr126, November 23, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faprXueGAHk

Where is the feminists' outrage?

Baruch

Circumcision is an African tradition, copied by Abrahamic societies.  We can thank the long interaction of non-Africans with Africa, that made this possible.  Egyptian male mummies are ... circumcised.  Jewish people didn't invent this.  Being anti-circumcision, in some parts, would be seen as anti-African.

Beyond that, non-Americans might not realize that the US judicial system is made up of several thousand jurisdictions, and that consistency across this system of law is not only unlikely, but ludicrous.  Thus one can't take any direction for the decisions of one court, or even several over time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: Baruch on November 23, 2018, 06:05:46 PM
Circumcision is an African tradition, copied by Abrahamic societies.  We can thank the long interaction of non-Africans with Africa, that made this possible.  Egyptian male mummies are ... circumcised.  Jewish people didn't invent this.  Being anti-circumcision, in some parts, would be seen as anti-African.

Beyond that, non-Americans might not realize that the US judicial system is made up of several thousand jurisdictions, and that consistency across this system of law is not only unlikely, but ludicrous.  Thus one can't take any direction for the decisions of one court, or even several over time.
Male circumcision is not the same as female genital mutilation.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

pr126

Mermaid wrote:
QuoteWhat makes you think feminists support this?
Any signs that feminist oppose this?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Mermaid on November 23, 2018, 07:30:39 PM
Male circumcision is not the same as female genital mutilation.

Breathing isn't the same thing as drowning in air.  I wasn't comparing the two.  The point is, usually circumcision is all about anti-semitism.

No, don't think that feminists support female circumcision, obviously.  But if we all have to become woke, all become African, all get kinky hair and darker skin and get all down and African ... there might be a few liberals who support it.  But who expected feminists to support Islam?

No true feminist, Shiranu?  They are all card carrying 5th columnists?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Feminist don't protest for the same reason they are putting on the hijabs for "solidarity".

Since Muslims are perceived as non-white, they are in a special protected class.
The fact that many Muslims are white, that does not register with the liberals.
(Linda Sarsour is Honorary Brown?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sZeZZLlo0

Christianity appears to be a white religion, ignoring the fact that many Africans, Asians, Latinos are devout non-white Christians.

Baruch

The majority of Christians today, for the first time in almost 2000 years, are non-White.  It isn't skin color, it is anti-European.  And amazingly, the most anti-European folks are ... European.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on November 24, 2018, 01:50:58 AM
Mermaid wrote:Any signs that feminist oppose this?
Gosh, I don't know. Maybe actually paying attention would help you find the answer?

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on November 24, 2018, 04:34:02 AM
Feminist don't protest for the same reason they are putting on the hijabs for "solidarity".

Since Muslims are perceived as non-white, they are in a special protected class.
The fact that many Muslims are white, that does not register with the liberals.
(Linda Sarsour is Honorary Brown?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sZeZZLlo0

Christianity appears to be a white religion, ignoring the fact that many Africans, Asians, Latinos are devout non-white Christians.

What a steaming pile of bullshit this is.

Cavebear

I had to search "FGM".  Some acronyms escape me.  But learning the acronym, it is a horrid idea.  Smacks of ancient religious practices created by fearful people lacking knowledge.  Stupid people who also threw young women into volcanoes, threw them on funery pyres, left them to die in the wild woods, etc.

Fearful socially-backward people will do some strange stuff.  There is a long list.  But this one has to be near the top.

I actually tried to imagine how I would react to meeting a person who thought of FGM as a rational thing.  And I just can't. I simply cannot construct any argument in my mind that justifies such a barbaric act. 

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 24, 2018, 02:56:14 PM
I had to search "FGM".  Some acronyms escape me.  But learning the acronym, it is a horrid idea.  Smacks of ancient religious practices created by fearful people lacking knowledge.  Stupid people who also threw young women into volcanoes, threw them on funery pyres, left them to die in the wild woods, etc.

Fearful socially-backward people will do some strange stuff.  There is a long list.  But this one has to be near the top.

I actually tried to imagine how I would react to meeting a person who thought of FGM as a rational thing.  And I just can't. I simply cannot construct any argument in my mind that justifies such a barbaric act.

Given that the intent is for the woman to not enjoy sex (in African culture) .. which isn't what male circumcision is about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 24, 2018, 02:59:51 PM
Given that the intent is for the woman to not enjoy sex (in African culture) .. which isn't what male circumcision is about.

Nope.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 24, 2018, 04:27:16 PM
Nope.

If it adds or detracts from male pleasure, is debatable of course.  But FGM is definitely intended preemptively to prevent daughters from going wild over boys.

In primitive African culture, boys get circumcised as teens ... as a proof of manhood.  And to indicate what their father in law may do to them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.