Why the next history of Britain will be written in Chinese?

Started by Baruch, November 20, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu3gVvm_K8

Shorter version of the original.  Covers much of the same material I could apply to my own country.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

i still am rather fascinated as to "who" in the world of the Chinese or Korean or any of the "script" styles gets to decide the design of the script used to refer to any new invention such as the computer or Ipad or even football. Is there some 120 year old man in a high tower that is presented with the facts of the thing and sits there for a couple days going over all the other scripts so he doesn't copy something already and then days later..."voila" here is the new "word" for.....whatever.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on November 20, 2018, 08:55:11 PM
i still am rather fascinated as to "who" in the world of the Chinese or Korean or any of the "script" styles gets to decide the design of the script used to refer to any new invention such as the computer or Ipad or even football. Is there some 120 year old man in a high tower that is presented with the facts of the thing and sits there for a couple days going over all the other scripts so he doesn't copy something already and then days later..."voila" here is the new "word" for.....whatever.

There is a system to it.  And there is always being thrown off the high tower if you don't appreciate his work!

Thucydides Trap?  Only if you don't understand Greek history.  The Chinese don't.  Neither do the Americans.  In both cases, it is Greek to them.

https://www.ancient.eu/Polis/

The whole period 499 - 330 BCE was quite complicated, there were over 1000 city states and the Persian Empire figured in a large part of it, that and the kingdom of Macedon.  It wasn't just a contest between Laconia and Attica ... aka bad food vs good food.

It is a current Chinese Communist Party dogma that they are the next world hegemony.  They just have to imitate the previous ones (China is good at imitation).  Unfortunately the Indians aren't anxious for a Chinese Raj.  America flourished because of its isolation, China is anything but isolated.  Must ask Mu Lan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Will our future Chinese masters be named Sum Ting Wong, We Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 21, 2018, 08:21:07 PM
Will our future Chinese masters be named Sum Ting Wong, We Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow?

Xi Mi Krap
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

There are always those who expect that the next new financial adversent will supplant western civilization.  The list of failures is long...

The "West" is more than a financial operation.  Oh sure, the "West" will slide into history some day as new systems succeed, but not this century.  China is living on stealing tech and counter-fitting goods.  But there is a limit to that.  How can they steal when they catch up?  Stagnation is on their horizon.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 09, 2018, 02:24:15 AM
There are always those who expect that the next new financial adversent will supplant western civilization.  The list of failures is long...

The "West" is more than a financial operation.  Oh sure, the "West" will slide into history some day as new systems succeed, but not this century.  China is living on stealing tech and counter-fitting goods.  But there is a limit to that.  How can they steal when they catch up?  Stagnation is on their horizon.

Correct.  The question is ... is China content to be a major mercantile nation or not.  Internal politics, like 1930s Japan, will decide.  That is what the current trade war will test.  If they feel they must increase their power without restriction, they will have to go to war.

The West is often just a shell game aka financial operation, since 2008.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 09, 2018, 06:58:02 AM
Correct.  The question is ... is China content to be a major mercantile nation or not.  Internal politics, like 1930s Japan, will decide.  That is what the current trade war will test.  If they feel they must increase their power without restriction, they will have to go to war.

The West is often just a shell game aka financial operation, since 2008.

A sensible and rational post?  Rest in basic rhythm, my beating heart!  breathe, breathe, breathe...  I honor your assignation of "correct"... 

OK, the problem is that China IS a mercantile nation, stealing anything it can and ignoring all international rules of trade.  If they made the best hoe handle and someone else made the best hoe blade, they would steal the details of the hoe blade without regard to international patent laws. 

This is not the way international trade works.

Unified "rest of world" action is needed to drag them kicking and screaming into international lawfulness.  I have no doubt that they could succeed at legitimate international trade.  But apparently, they are going to need the stick rather than the carrot to bring them there.

Baruch

There are two mercantile nations (aka successful non-white collar criminal societies) ... Germany and China.  All the rest is a shell game of creative accounting, a global Enron.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

Given the way Brexit is going my guess will be German.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on December 10, 2018, 07:26:10 PM

The British nearly failed to find the executive loo, in 1939-1940.  Luckily Churchill already had the key.  Today they don't even have that.

The Germans always impress, and then fail at the end.  Like a man with a big dick, who is also ... impotent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afl9WFGJE0M

Even a failed Greek finance minister is more ... virile.

The last 100+ years happened because of Kaiser Wilhelm's insecurity, being the least popular spawn of Queen Victoria.  Of course the EU is headquartered in Brussels, the capital of Belgium.  That is where Prince Albert, finally made it out of the can.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on December 10, 2018, 07:26:10 PM

Germany COULD be a foundation for Europe after the decades of horror.  They are centrally-placed, but need partners to export goods... 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on December 18, 2018, 07:12:21 AM
Germany COULD be a foundation for Europe after the decades of horror.  They are centrally-placed, but need partners to export goods...

They have always had a geographic and demographic advantage.  Otherwise the others wouldn't be scared of them.  But if you are going to be a foundation, it has to be done peacefully (EU).  Unfortunately the Germans have screwed it up again, just recently.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on December 18, 2018, 07:30:43 AM
They have always had a geographic and demographic advantage.  Otherwise the others wouldn't be scared of them.  But if you are going to be a foundation, it has to be done peacefully (EU).  Unfortunately the Germans have screwed it up again, just recently.

Do tell the details please.