News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A hymn to the old ways ...

Started by Baruch, November 19, 2018, 08:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

GB is almost as much politically correct.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

viocjit

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2019, 06:56:47 AM
France is different, and culturally influential.  Nothing wrong with that, unless one wants to live some other way.  Most posters here, who are American, would rather be another nationality.  And wage a doomed war to convince the majority to be more like Sweden etc.

Yes , France is different but each country have its own identity.
I have French citizenship and I haven't another one but I think France isn't an example to follow even if it's influential.
Happily I have a clean criminal record since I'm born but I know a bad word can change it.
Do you know what that is to control what you say on Internet and in public spaces like streets because your freedom of speech is limited because what you say can be misinterpreted and uphold a conviction on you ?
France is far to be a dictatorship but this is problematic because you can't say fully what you think.
Nearly all aspects of French life are under control of laws. We have so many laws that some of them are nearly never enforced.
For example article R621-2 of code pénal (Penal Code / Criminal Code) prohibiting people to insult anyone in private (Your home , his / her home , email destined only to the insulted person) who punish people by a fine of â,¬38 if they do it is very rarely enforced.

Quote from: Cavebear on January 30, 2019, 08:06:08 AM
After some considerable thought...   FUCK OFF...  I'm deleting my EU notice from my blog.  You guys are assholes...

What thing are the most shocking in my message ? Is it the existence of contempt felony in France or another thing ?
If you want I can share with you others laws about hate speech in France.

Quote from: Baruch on January 30, 2019, 01:06:33 PM
GB is almost as much politically correct.

I think likewise.

Baruch

Liberté, Equalité, Fraternité - these are in dialectic with each other, they fight each other.  Full liberty would always lead to inequality.  Full equality requires suppression of liberty.  Liberty of other Francophones to move to France is contrary to fraternity, given in-migration since 1950 from former French colonies.

Every country has problems.  The US also has many laws, that are arbitrarily enforced.  We are too large and heterogeneous, to be easily PC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

viocjit

Quote from: Baruch on February 03, 2019, 03:32:45 AM
Liberté, Equalité, Fraternité - these are in dialectic with each other, they fight each other.  Full liberty would always lead to inequality.  Full equality requires suppression of liberty.  Liberty of other Francophones to move to France is contrary to fraternity, given in-migration since 1950 from former French colonies.

Every country has problems.  The US also has many laws, that are arbitrarily enforced.  We are too large and heterogeneous, to be easily PC.

The right word isn't "équalité" but "égalité".
Liberté , Égalité , Fraternité (Liberty , Equality , Brotherhood) is the official national motto of French Republic but you already know this.
I agree about the fact full liberty is a danger for any society but I don't believe in the feasibility of full equality.

Equality means everybody would be treated the same way by the French institutions but this is not what happens in practice.

Example n°1 :
Article 15-3 of code de procédure pénale (Code of penal procedure / Code of criminal procedure) say a police officer haven't the right to refuse a complaint but in practice it can happens. There are uneducated women who want to complaint against men for domestic battery who see their complaint refused under pretext they haven't a medical exam to prove they are victims of domestic battery even if under the law you don't need any documents to complaint.
There are mentally ill women victims of sexual abuses by a figure of authority (Psychiatrist , General practionner , Male nurse etc...) who see their complaint refused by a police officer even if a member of police force haven't this right.
But if the woman complaining is someone with a high lever of education and a good social statute who see her complaint refused.
She would have the knowledge to defend herself face to this when average citizens haven't the knowledge.

Example n°2 :
In French Republic you can get a public defendant (Avocat commis d'office) if you're too poor to pay a lawyer (Avocat) to defend yourself at court.
As you must have an authorisation from a BAJ (Bureau d'Aide Juridictionelle / Legal Aid office) to get one and go to court with him or her nor get money to afford a lawyer.
That means in some cases your request can be denied if BAJ estimate you have few chances to win.
Public defendant are often less skilled that lawyer who aren't public defendant.
I already saw that for a man who wanted to contest a decision about him from a cour d'appel (Appeal court) to cour de cassation (Cassation Court) that is similar to Supreme courts in English speaking countries.

Only some approved lawyers are authorised to work in cases introduced to cour de cassation and it will cost you between â,¬4000 and â,¬9000.
In the majority of cases only the richest can send theirs cases to cour de cassation because BAJ denied the requests for cour de cassation in the majority of cases.
It's problematic because someone who has a violated right guaranteed by "Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms" (More know under the name of European Convention on Human Rights and ECHR).
This person wouldn’t be able to complaint to European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) an institution dependent of Council of Europe (No link with European Union) because this court consider you must use all means of national law before send your case to them but there are some exceptions.
French Republic was condemned many times by ECHR. The situation would be certainly worse if ECHR didn't exist.
I trust more ECHR than French courts.

The case Selmouni v. France (Application no. 25803/94 , 29 EHRR 403) is among the most serious cases of human rights violation in which French Republic was convicted by ECHR.
He was beaten by polices officers. If ECHR wasn't there this injustice would never be renown.
The case here : http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/app/conversion/pdf/?library=ECHR&id=001-58287&filename=001-58287.pdf
Case Summary : https://www.lawteacher.net/cases/selmouni-v-france.php

Example n°3 :
Education in public school is free of fee but private school who are contractors of the state can choose theirs students.
Private schools who are contractors of the state are more prestigious than public school and that means you will have better professional opportunities if you're from a pvt. school.
Private schools who are contractors of the state have a tendency to select the better students and those from richest families.
That create an inequality between schools with the complicity of the state.
Why not create many categories (Mentally ill , Physically disabled , Those from poor neighboorhood etc...) of scholarship for students who haven't relatives to pay fee (Average â,¬20,000 annually) for a society more inclusive ?

viocjit

Quote from: Cavebear on February 03, 2019, 07:45:04 AM
I was having a bad day.

What happens to you ?

PS : I forget to say to Baruch that I agree with him when he say every country have problems.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Bacchus/Dionysius ... what I recently claim to represent ironically ... and I think represents the chaos present in posters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNF-8QFigLM

Video restored twice.  May Youtube fall into Hades!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 09:24:24 AM
The wrath of grapes?

It is thought that both King Antiochus IV and Emperor Hadrian persecuted the Jews, because we drink wine (they did not) and we don't support gay sex (which they both did).  It was only in the 19th century, with Welches grape juice, that communion became non-alcoholic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Bacchus video restored in above post.  Twice.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Greek gods are very human ... hence their attraction ...

http://www.barefacedgreek.co.uk/poseidon-and-athena

With English subtitles ... for the barbarians among us ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?