News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Caravan News

Started by pr126, November 19, 2018, 10:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

The Germans were innocent.  If they didn't vote for the Nazis, then the Communists were their only alternative.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

If there is no candidate you like, there is probably one you dislike.  Go vote for anyone against that person.  Don't laugh, it can matter. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on November 24, 2018, 03:03:48 PM
The Germans were innocent.  If they didn't vote for the Nazis, then the Communists were their only alternative.

The Germans who voted for Hitler and the Nazi party were by no means innocent, and as far as I know there were options other than radical leftists or radical right-wing candidates (von Hindenburg, the Chancellor, was neither, and neither Nazis nor Communists made up a majority of the Reichstag before 33').

The option we as Americans had was to vote for a right-wing, "more of the same" establishment candidate in Hillary... or a far-right xenophobe who brags about sexual assault, mocks physically disabled reporters, defends Neo-Nazis, had ties to people like David Duke of the KKK, made multiple racist remarks on the campaign trail, had no problem quoting Mussolini because he agreed with the quote...

I'm sorry, but in no scenario is burying your head in the sand and saying you won't play the game the moral choice. If we want to blow it way out of proportion and stay on the Nazi analogy, then saying you won't vote because you don't like any candidate is like saying it's moral to not vote against the Nazis because von Hindenburg wasn't a great candidate either and we should just hold out for someone better.

That's not how it works.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Talk about serendipity.  I just happened to re-discover the "I Was Not A Nazi" polka the other day...

Chad Mitchell Trio (1965): 

Wenn Sie durch Die Schöne Deutschland gehen
Einen Gesang werden Sie hören
Es gibt eine kleine Melodie in Deutschland
Für fünfzehn oder zwanzig Jahre

[Spoken]
As you travel through Die Schöne Deutschland
(Wenn Sie durch Die Schöne Deutschland gehen)
A melody will greet your ears
(Einen Gesang werden Sie hören)
It's a melody that's been around in Deutschland
(Es gibt eine kleine Melodie in Deutschland)
For fifteen to twenty years
(Für fünfzehn oder zwanzig Jahre)

Each and every German dances to the strain
Of the I was not a Nazi Polka
All without exception join in the refrain
Of the I was not a Nazi Polka

Goering was a crazy we wanted to deport
Sing the I was not a Nazi Polka
We all thought that Dachau was just a nice resort

The German is so cultured, he does not like to fight
The peaceful life is what he most enjoys
For years the German people were utterly convinced
I.G. Farben manufactured children's toys

I never shot a Luger or goosed a single step

- Was you not an SS guard?
- I was not an SS guard
I was not a Nazi Polka
- Did you not love Llsa Koch?
- I did not love Ilsa Koch
I was not a Nazi Polka
- Did you not despise the Jews?
- I did not, some of my best friends..
I was not a Nazi Polka
- Did you not think Adolf great?
- I did not, Adolf who?
- Adolf who?
- Ja, Adolf who?
- Fritz, you're putting me on
- Was bedeutet dieser 'putting me on'?
- Are you kidding me or something?
- Nein, I'm not kidding you. Adolf who?
- Adolf Hitler!
- Should I know him? Is he a folksinger?
- You don't remember?
- Nein, I don't remember him. Who was he?
- Well..

A little man, very mean, very loud and brash
- Mmm-mmm...
Not too tall, he never smiled, wore a black mustache
- Nein, I never heard..
He had a girl, Eva Braun, hair as red as flame
- Ah, ja, ja
He papered walls for many years till his moment came
- Of course!

He's the one who clapped his hands, went into a dance
When the news came to him that we had conquered France
- That's him
He once said, when our flag proudly was unfurled
"Today, Germany, tomorrow, the world! (Ja!) Tomorrow, the world! (Ja!) Tomorrow the world! (Ja!) Tomorrow the world! (Ja! Ja!)"
- I never heard of him
- Neither did I

To our Israeli allies let us raise a toast
Sure there were some Nazis, two or three at most

We tried to throw off Hitler right from the very start
That's what every history book should tell
We hated Heinrich Himmler, Martin Bormann too
We believe as Sherman did that war is hell.. hell.. hell.. hell..
Heil!.. Heil!.. Heil!.. Sieg Heil!.. Sieg Heil!.. Sieg Heil!!

Germans are as gentle as flowers in the spring
Germans are a people who love to dance and sing

[Spoken]
Wait a minute! Wait a minute! You there, you are not singing
You do not like to sing? Tell me, you still have a family in Germany, nicht wahr? Sing!

Sing the I Was Not a Nazi Polka
Sieg Heil!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 24, 2018, 03:29:22 PM
The Germans who voted for Hitler and the Nazi party were by no means innocent, and as far as I know there were options other than radical leftists or radical right-wing candidates (von Hindenburg, the Chancellor, was neither, and neither Nazis nor Communists made up a majority of the Reichstag before 33').

The option we as Americans had was to vote for a right-wing, "more of the same" establishment candidate in Hillary... or a far-right xenophobe who brags about sexual assault, mocks physically disabled reporters, defends Neo-Nazis, had ties to people like David Duke of the KKK, made multiple racist remarks on the campaign trail, had no problem quoting Mussolini because he agreed with the quote...

I'm sorry, but in no scenario is burying your head in the sand and saying you won't play the game the moral choice. If we want to blow it way out of proportion and stay on the Nazi analogy, then saying you won't vote because you don't like any candidate is like saying it's moral to not vote against the Nazis because von Hindenburg wasn't a great candidate either and we should just hold out for someone better.

That's not how it works.

American Liberals ... since 1776 ... virtue signaling with capes and under-oos on the outside.  Well, if you don't like extremes, good for you.  That is a sign of maturity.  So is being in a nursing home.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

And the United States military fired on foreign citizens on a foreign border, violating international law.

So, you know, I would say it's a bit of a wash at best on which side was in the wrong.

Of course, if we had sent 5,000 social workers and officials trained to process these people rather than 5,000 troops intending to bar them entry, this whole situation could have been avoided in the first place.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 24, 2018, 03:29:22 PM

That's not how it works.

Worse.  Politics doesn't work at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 26, 2018, 02:22:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGsDzxd2-LY&t=418s

Saw the article about the asylum seeker who claimed to be 15, but is really 25 ... so he can enroll in HS.  And the bastard is married and has children.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1g3P3g_Css

Quote"This hard line approach to immigration enforcement isn't just needlessly cruel, it's completely misguided. And it makes all of us less safe.... we are a country of immigrants, but when you see Trump say there are good people are both sides, when you see ICE going after undocumented immigrants, no holds bar, and you see how little attention is paid on the growing threat of right wing terrorism, it's hard not to feel like we are turning our backs on our own history.

If these people are willing to risk their lives to travel 3000 miles and apply for asylum at our borders, we owe it to them to at least look over their application. Because at some point, someone was willing to look over ours."

As the child of an immigrant, this fucking spoke to me.

Obviously I am on "his side" anyways, but when it's put like that... I just don't get how any child of immigrants can be against this. I don't even understand how people who have been "American" for three, four, or more generations can be against it.

pr126

I am an immigran too.
LEGAL immigrant, with proper ( long) procedure, vetting, medical exam and a job arranged prior to entry.
After five year naturalized to become a British citizen.

This is no longer required? One just can enter any country of his choice? Why?

Do you leave your doors open at all times for anyone to come in and live with you?

Baruch

Try not to be triggered by Shiranu's infatuation with Trotskyite dogma.  He isn't in charge of any government department in any country.  BTW - if the Communist Manifesto is the litmus test for Trotskyites, it isn't all bad.  Free public education is promoted in the Communist Manifesto, and I don't see anything wrong with that.  And the US will continue to accept about 1 million (not three million) per year.

President Trump seems to be handling this better than President Carter.  Threatening to even permanently close the border.  If he doesn't handle this adequately, he will lose in 2020.  Only a very small minority wants universal claims of refugee status.  And if Mexico fails to cooperate, Mexico will be invaded by the US.  Though I hope it doesn't come to that.  Mexico needs to hold up its responsibilities too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

pr126

Yes, everyone seen it. The number one photo for the media at the moment.

The dead child on the beach was another.

Appeal to emotion.
We are being manipulated by the media.

Explore “Paliwood” on youtube. Another classic.