News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Got My First Student Loan Bill

Started by Shiranu, November 18, 2018, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU WENT TO HIGHER EDUCATION, DUMMY!!!

No, but for real, the trap of higher education is fucking horrid. I'm all for more knowledge, but they have hiked the price of it so high that it isn't morally acceptable anymore. Students don't even understand what they're getting themselves in to, until it's too late. I wish I knew what I know now, before I went to college. Student loans and the ridiculously expensive tuition they pay for are a fucking joke.

Unbeliever

That's because with western economics there is no tomorrow.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

I've been looking at my local collage for further education, something like social care. just for the introductory 10 week course, it costs around £350. And each following level doubles the price of that. To complete all levels will set me back several thousand, but they expect it paid up first and foremost with this collage.

Its money I just don't have right now.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 21, 2018, 01:10:30 PM
I've been looking at my local collage for further education, something like social care. just for the introductory 10 week course, it costs around £350. And each following level doubles the price of that. To complete all levels will set me back several thousand, but they expect it paid up first and foremost with this collage.

Its money I just don't have right now.

Right ... private schooling (non-state-college subsidized) was $500 per class (not credit hour) 30 years ago here.  With DU on-site schooling it is now $1320 per credit hour.  Usually there are 3 credit hours in a full credit class.  Off-site social work schooling is now $720 per credit hour.  Executive MBA package is $15,000 per quarter inclusive.  University College (for working people) is $660 per credit hour.  My masters was from University College DU ... the 2 years masters should cost about $33,000 today.  Fortunately my employer paid most of my expenses 30 years ago.  Today it is more than 3x more expensive.  The current IT masters is 12 courses long.  You do the math.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 21, 2018, 01:09:35 PM
That's because with western economics there is no tomorrow.

Eat drink and be merry ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: PickelledEggs on November 21, 2018, 12:43:08 PM
SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU WENT TO HIGHER EDUCATION, DUMMY!!!

No, but for real, the trap of higher education is fucking horrid. I'm all for more knowledge, but they have hiked the price of it so high that it isn't morally acceptable anymore. Students don't even understand what they're getting themselves in to, until it's too late. I wish I knew what I know now, before I went to college. Student loans and the ridiculously expensive tuition they pay for are a fucking joke.

Di you go to a community college first? Get scholarships? Get a Grant of some sort? Get advise from a adviser? Apply for a waiver or something to help you?