Author Topic: History from the 20th century  (Read 318 times)

Offline pr126

History from the 20th century
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:32 AM »
History from the 20th century that is probably not in the curriculum.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
β€œWe now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banks destroy the economy.” – Chris Hedges.

Offline Baruch

Re: History from the 20th century
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:30:10 AM »
But ... but ... he didn't do real communism (also Lenin, Mao, Castro, Ho, Pol Pot ...)
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:42:19 AM »

YAWN

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 03:58:20 AM »
Tell that to the million man highway in Siberia.  A million prisoners died building it in Winter, with no proper Winter clothing.  A prisoner died every few yards, they weren't buried, but their bones were added to the gravel.  When you drive this long road, to nowhere ... you are driving over the graves of one million people.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:00:43 AM by Baruch »
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline Shiranu

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 04:27:29 AM »

I'm going to be upfront honest; aint no way in hell I'm watching a 2h, 30m video.

That said... I actually completely and utterly agree that the USSR is not remotely talked about enough in schools today, given both the massive influence they have had on European and American history as well as so much of the current West vs East conflict is still directly tied to the divisions created during this period.

My dad was part of the Berlin Airlift, and up until about half a year ago I always thought, "Huh, that's cool." without actually knowing much about it other than they were dropping food into Berlin. It's something we never even really heard of in school, and it always just seemed to me that they were doing it because there was food shortages in post-war Germany or something. I had no clue that it was because the Soviets were attempting to starve all the Germans to death.

I was never taught that the USSR was committing genocide against my people... both in Berlin and across their other vassals... and I grew up in a region with cities named Weimar, New Braunfels, Boerne, Freidrecksberg... if any part of the United States should be teaching about ethnic cleansing of Germans, this is it.
"Judge a moth by the beauty of its candle." - Rumi

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 04:39:59 AM »
Tell that to the million man highway in Siberia.  A million prisoners died building it in Winter, with no proper Winter clothing.  A prisoner died every few yards, they weren't buried, but their bones were added to the gravel.  When you drive this long road, to nowhere ... you are driving over the graves of one million people.

No the commentary is a bore, and I barely passed 10 mins.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 08:20:38 AM »
No the commentary is a bore, and I barely passed 10 mins.

Bored to death?  It was a bit over 13 mins.  Read Gulag Archipelago.  Russians like long reads on cold Winter nights.

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »
Bored to death?  It was a bit over 13 mins.  Read Gulag Archipelago.  Russians like long reads on cold Winter nights.

Twas a political message no doubt

Offline Baruch

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Twas a political message no doubt

And are you anarchist?  (rhetorical question, don't answer)

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 02:27:10 PM »
When the speaker mentioned Armageddon I was out.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »
When the speaker mentioned Armageddon I was out.

Triggered?  The point wasn't religious.  Good thing people aren't triggered by the letter "e" .. particularly in Canada ;-)

Offline Draconic Aiur

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »
Triggered?  The point wasn't religious.  Good thing people aren't triggered by the letter "e" .. particularly in Canada ;-)

More like I stopped caring

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk