The Truth About the Migrant Caravan

Started by pr126, November 13, 2018, 01:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

WotW looks at the so-called 'migrant caravan', who is behind it, and why it represents the greatest test of Western civilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjABtN2joLk&t=217s

Do we really want to save western civilization? Why?

Baruch

US takes in 3 million per year.  Let anyone else compete, if they dare.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on November 13, 2018, 01:30:23 AM
WotW looks at the so-called 'migrant caravan', who is behind it, and why it represents the greatest test of Western civilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjABtN2joLk&t=217s
Fake news.
Do we really want to save western civilization? Why?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

pr126

How many Americans are prepared to walk thousand of miles to Honduras?
How many Europeans will risk life to migrate to Africa or any of the Muslim ruled countries?

Why is migration only one way?

Hell bent to migrate to racist, xenophobic, oppressor populated, white supremacist, fascist countries?

What is the attraction?

Welfare. Free handouts. Free Medicare.

Why are these billions of people so desperately poor and uneducated?
Am I holding them back, oppressing them, stealing their resources, their money?
Are you? I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on November 13, 2018, 07:34:15 AM
How many Americans are prepared to walk thousand of miles to Honduras?
How many Europeans will risk life to migrate to Africa or any of the Muslim ruled countries?

Why is migration only one way?

Hell bent to migrate to racist, xenophobic, oppressor populated, white supremacist, fascist countries?

What is the attraction?

Welfare. Free handouts. Free Medicare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Free FUD.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

No doubt .. just read history.  People rob, rape and kill.  It is what we are most noted for.

There are people who want to cheer lead ... but not do .. "kill all white heterosexual males".  So a thought-crime, not an actual crime.  And those people are still "in the closet" .. they are colored gay women trapped in the bodies of white heterosexual males.  In other words, reincarnation has gone on the fritz again ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Whenever I see someone from the hard right post "the Truth" I laugh.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 14, 2018, 05:57:27 AM
Whenever I see someone from the hard right post "the Truth" I laugh.

There is only one truth?  And by happenstance is what you hold?  But I would say the same thing if pr126 was posting hard Marxist propaganda.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

The truth is that Trump stopped caring about the "caravan" the day after the elections when the issue was of no further political value to him.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 07:03:42 AM
The truth is that Trump stopped caring about the "caravan" the day after the elections when the issue was of no further political value to him.

It was a dog-and-pony show for both parties.  So you are half right.  But the LBGT migrants are first, at Tijuana.  Maybe they can be used to replace all the overpriced poofs in Hollywood.  That is what we do in America, import cheap labor to get rid of expensive labor, unless it is management ... or talent agents ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 14, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
It was a dog-and-pony show for both parties.  So you are half right.  But the LBGT migrants are first, at Tijuana.  Maybe they can be used to replace all the overpriced poofs in Hollywood.  That is what we do in America, import cheap labor to get rid of expensive labor, unless it is management ... or talent agents ;-)

Given that the unemployment rate is extremely low AND US business therefore have to go begging for basic labor AND they can't get the few unemployed US workers (almost all in Republican States BTW) to take the jobs, one MIGHT think that either an increase in immigration OR a raise in minimum wages would be in order. 

But of course, silly me, that's just logic...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 03:53:03 PM
Given that the unemployment rate is extremely low AND US business therefore have to go begging for basic labor AND they can't get the few unemployed US workers (almost all in Republican States BTW) to take the jobs, one MIGHT think that either an increase in immigration OR a raise in minimum wages would be in order. 

But of course, silly me, that's just logic...

The political economy (and politics is always involved, Adam Smith was a shit) ... doesn't like that.  They want low labor costs, from labor quality just high enough to do the job, so they won't have rising expectations.  Not everyone can be promoted (it is sharper at the top of the pyramid).  Unemployment rate is fake, just like most things since 1986 (thanks President Reagan and his Democrat allies).  Inflation rate is fake.  Our "percentage of adult population in full-time work" hasn't even recovered to the 2007 level yet.  And the way they are crashing all markets starting this month (not so it can be blamed on Trump, but on Pelosi) it won't be reached any time soon.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2018/article/great-recession-great-recovery.htm

See Fig 10.  We haven't even received to the 2000 level, let alone the 2007 level.  Lots of people are now counted "not in the mood to eat better than cat food".

Here are the real stats (using same method to calculate after 1994 as before 1994 ... ah, under Bill Clinton for that one

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

The US has been in a rolling depression since 2007.  No main-street recovery, just financial sector recovery.  Other stats ... GDP still declining, inflation running 10% ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.