A counter to pr126 etc, and perhaps pro Drunkenshoe

Started by Baruch, November 11, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2018, 12:35:36 PM
We have some nice museums in the US too.

I loved Metropolitan and American Museum of Natural History very much. I want to see the N. History museum in Chicago too. I love them. They turn me in to a 12 year old. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2018, 11:00:23 PM
There is one truth, the Hillary Truth!!  CNN is lying and Acosta is lying, about Acosta  touching the aide, when it is clearly shown on video.    Ir was also reported by eye witnesses.  So what is the truth of that?  We must deny all eye witnesses, and accuse all video of being doctored?
Anecdotal evidence only gets you so far. Video evidence is more reliable. You be the judge.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 12, 2018, 10:26:54 PM
Anecdotal evidence only gets you so far. Video evidence is more reliable. You be the judge.

I am, I have.  The video (and all videos are fake if you don't like them) .. shows he touched her, to break her attempt to take the microphone away from him.  But it may have been reflex ... not deliberate, he isn't looking down at it, it is ineffective.  So a mountain is made of a mole hill, by political people.  Color me surprised.  I like Trump's original proposal to ban all CNN folks from the press conferences.  That would be fairer than just banning one.

PS, the zoom in didn't materially alter it.  And it was the BBC which called it out, you know, an agency of the British government, like GCHQ, that spied on Trump on behalf of President Obama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on November 12, 2018, 04:59:49 AM
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

But one must consider the views and sanity of the beholder...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 07:33:01 AM
But one must consider the views and sanity of the beholder...

I don't need to, I already know what you are ... medically speaking.  And I don't see views (ideology) entering into anything, comrade Bear.  My, what an apt analogy!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 14, 2018, 12:53:07 PM
I don't need to, I already know what you are ... medically speaking.  And I don't see views (ideology) entering into anything, comrade Bear.  My, what an apt analogy!!

LOL!  You tried to turn my phrase of "the views and sanity of the beholder" into my own views.  Which was utterly incorrect.  How very Trumpian of you.  Which Trump Administration job are you angling for?  It must be one, because otherwise you would never said something so obviously inaccurate..
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
LOL!  You tried to turn my phrase of "the views and sanity of the beholder" into my own views.  Which was utterly incorrect.  How very Trumpian of you.  Which Trump Administration job are you angling for?  It must be one, because otherwise you would never said something so obviously inaccurate..

Sorry, will not run if nominated, will not serve if elected  - General Sherman.  If you can't do the Twist, then you aren't Chubby Checkers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It turns out that "fake news" isn't new:

QuoteIn Episode 1 of Operation InfeKtion, we reveal how one of the biggest fake news stories ever concocted â€" the 1984 AIDS-is-a-biological-weapon hoax â€" went viral in the pre-Internet era. Meet the KGB cons who invented it, and the “truth squad” that quashed it. For a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5WjRjz5mTU
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 25, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
It turns out that "fake news" isn't new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5WjRjz5mTU

You never heard of Joseph Goebbels, who learned it all from Edward Bernays?

Americans, you either have commies hiding under your beds, or Nazis hiding under your beds.  Americans are virtuous, I tell you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Nobody hiding under my bed - I don't have one! LOL
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 26, 2018, 01:36:50 PM
Nobody hiding under my bed - I don't have one! LOL

Hammock then?  At the ashram, kibbutz, sit-in ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?