A counter to pr126 etc, and perhaps pro Drunkenshoe

Started by Baruch, November 11, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

There is only one functional Continental Marxist today ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnI6E7WiHNE

American Revolution and British Liberalism are just Girondist.  Fake revolution.  You have to go full Jacobin or you are just LARPing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Zizek addresses the current alt-Right conspiracy theories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYIizPTD-U

Denial of master plan?  Whose plan?  Isn't conspiracy theory on R & L how the West operates today?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

History as it happened, not the Hollywood version, but one of the few people in 1934 who understood what was going on ...

https://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1934/xx/hitler.htm
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2018, 12:06:50 PM
Zizek addresses the current alt-Right conspiracy theories.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYIizPTD-U[/spoiler]

Denial of master plan?  Whose plan?  Isn't conspiracy theory on R & L how the West operates today?
I disagree with his assessment that there are several "truths", that's something out of Jordan B. Peterson's playbook. There are facts and opinions. If you base something on opinion, which I think he's conflating his version of "truths" with, then you're of course gonna get a wrong picture of reality.

He basically beating around the bush about how we view the world, and what we can discern from that view. The way I understand it, objective truths is seeing the world from a detached, non-subjective way, that different people will come to the same conclusions about the same objective truths; be it a measurement, a result, or other piece of fact.

I'm wary of people trying to distort or otherwise give some "commentary" on how facts can be viewed in several ways. Slavoj Žižek is one of them.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 11, 2018, 03:38:14 PM
I disagree with his assessment that there are several "truths", that's something out of Jordan B. Peterson's playbook. There are facts and opinions. If you base something on opinion, which I think he's conflating his version of "truths" with, then you're of course gonna get a wrong picture of reality.

He basically beating around the bush about how we view the world, and what we can discern from that view. The way I understand it, objective truths is seeing the world from a detached, non-subjective way, that different people will come to the same conclusions about the same objective truths; be it a measurement, a result, or other piece of fact.

I'm wary of people trying to distort or otherwise give some "commentary" on how facts can be viewed in several ways. Slavoj Žižek is one of them.

There is one truth, the Hillary Truth!!  CNN is lying and Acosta is lying, about Acosta  touching the aide, when it is clearly shown on video.    Ir was also reported by eye witnesses.  So what is the truth of that?  We must deny all eye witnesses, and accuse all video of being doctored?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 12, 2018, 04:59:49 AM
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Like Oedipus, the Democrats have poked out their own eyes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Lol ffs, Baruch. You really have a lot of time in your hands, don't you?

Anyway, I'm going for a vacation :cool: and running around like a headless chicken. :/

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2018, 06:14:22 AM
Lol ffs, Baruch. You really have a lot of time in your hands, don't you?

Anyway, I'm going for a vacation :cool: and running around like a headless chicken. :/

Just not like Chicken Run ... you have to be on a British Farm and have delusions of WW II.

I work harder and smarter ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2018, 06:16:10 AM
Just not like Chicken Run ... you have to be on a British Farm and have delusions of WW II.

I work harder and smarter ;-))

Pffft. Nope, not like the chicken run. But I'll see the British 'farm' up close. :p I am going to London on thursday. :) I'm excited as so many things too see.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
Pffft. Nope, not like the chicken run. But I'll see the British 'farm' up close. :p I am going to London on thursday. :) I'm excited as so many things too see.

Yes, would like to see the British Museum.  One of the one time posters here, his daughter got a job at the British Museum.  Have to say that is one of the few situations that make me a little jealous.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2018, 10:01:18 AM
Yes, would like to see the British Museum.  One of the one time posters here, his daughter got a job at the British Museum.  Have to say that is one of the few situations that make me a little jealous.

Ooo nice. Grand museums of that size and capasity... and I can only give two days for it. :( They are all free in London though. May be I'll rush in if I find some time. I'm also looking forward to Natural History and Science Museums. A&V, Tate. Too many places in London. And these are just the classics. I didn't even bother to buy a city pass. My feet will swell and ache for a week after I got back. 

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2018, 12:16:30 PM
Ooo nice. Grand museums of that size and capasity... and I can only give two days for it. :( They are all free in London though. May be I'll rush in if I find some time. I'm also looking forward to Natural History and Science Museums. A&V, Tate. Too many places in London. And these are just the classics. I didn't even bother to buy a city pass. My feet will swell and ache for a week after I got back.

We have some nice museums in the US too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
You going to London to watch the world championship chess match?

Nothing else in London of any interest...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 12, 2018, 01:27:40 PM
You going to London to watch the world championship chess match?

Nothing else in London of any interest...

Lol, no. It's my first time, I'd like to see around.

e: I'm open to suggestions though.