Left Wing "terrorists" threaten journalist and family ...

Started by Baruch, November 09, 2018, 01:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2018, 04:07:02 PM
Honestly, I think the right should have ran with that instead. I think that's a little more awkward and embarrassing.

The practice is an old right-wing habit of cultural and community "shaming".  That left-wingers do that recently is mostly in reciprocal response, though I really wish they wouldn't.  It seems demeaning to us all.  I reminds me of an old joke:  "I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 03:26:00 PM
Social chants against disliked public figures are usually wrong and demeaning to the chanters.  Let people eat in peace.  Otherwise, you just justify all sorts of wasteful expense for bodyguards and encourage obsessive privacy.

On the other hand, Trump (or any other President) already has security, chefs, and entertainment at hand.   So feel free there.  I hereby give permission.  ;)

All R people are baby Hitler ... kill them and be a hero!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 14, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
Turns out, this story as he presented it is full of shit (surprise surprise)...

https://thinkprogress.org/i-was-at-the-protest-outside-tucker-carlsons-house-heres-what-actually-happened-665c2dc0cb67/

There was no damage to the house, there were no arrests made, there were no criminal charges made. The "pipe bomb" threat was someone referencing the pipe bombs that were sent to Democrats, the same people Tucker Carlson demonized.

Do you really think if a mob were ruthlessly threatening an ultra-rich white guy's family, the police would show up and not crack a few skulls? You really think they would be like, "Alright folks, yall had your fun, now head on home." and not one person would face criminal charges?

Even the mild harassment they did was objectively stupid, but the lie after lie about how much of a victim he is just goes to show that these right-wing nitwits have the biggest fucking victim complex in the world.

My the KKK burn crosses on your campus?  Don't feel threatened, they are just doing Halloween.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 14, 2018, 04:14:55 PM
The practice is an old right-wing habit of cultural and community "shaming".  That left-wingers do that recently is mostly in reciprocal response, though I really wish they wouldn't.  It seems demeaning to us all.  I reminds me of an old joke:  "I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out".

What do you mean "us", furry-balls.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

On further thought, it seems to me that liberal and progressive people are just not pre-disposed to insult as well as the right is.  No one can do rabid offensive insults as well as conservatives. 

If you want a really good insult, bereft of accuracy and context and just for the sheer joy of it, ask a Conservative.  They practice at it a lot more. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 17, 2018, 02:51:19 AM
On further thought, it seems to me that liberal and progressive people are just not pre-disposed to insult as well as the right is.  No one can do rabid offensive insults as well as conservatives. 

If you want a really good insult, bereft of accuracy and context and just for the sheer joy of it, ask a Conservative.  They practice at it a lot more.

You are nice, sometimes.  You are not a typical anything, so your behavior can't be generalize to any class.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 17, 2018, 06:57:08 AM
You are nice, sometimes.  You are not a typical anything, so your behavior can't be generalize to any class.

I just made that my avatar quote.  "Not a typical anything"

Mom would have been SO proud.  No, seriously, she would have been.  Dad on the other paw, would have been pissed.  Miss them both...

LOL!

Unbeliever

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2018, 09:27:19 AM
You're FOS. End of story. Carlson is FOS as well except with a bigger microphone.
He's not as bad as Alex Jones (but who is?), and that's about the best I can say of him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 24, 2018, 04:24:11 PM
He's not as bad as Alex Jones (but who is?), and that's about the best I can say of him.

It is pretty hard to get worse than Mr Jones.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 24, 2018, 04:31:23 PM
It is pretty hard to get worse than Mr Jones.

Except his conspiracies keep turning true ... just like George Orwell was full of shit, not a prophet, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.