Left Wing "terrorists" threaten journalist and family ...

Started by Baruch, November 09, 2018, 01:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/11/08/stop-threatening-tucker-carlson/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ad5486740544

Back in the day protests could be made, and Fox would have to fire someone.  But that isn't enough for them now ... they want a Russian Revolution ...

And if it is in the Washington Post, then you know it is G-d's own truth ;-)

Antifa is the KKK of the Left.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 01:50:48 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/11/08/stop-threatening-tucker-carlson/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ad5486740544

Back in the day protests could be made, and Fox would have to fire someone.  But that isn't enough for them now ... they want a Russian Revolution ...

And if it is in the Washington Post, then you know it is G-d's own truth ;-)

Antifa is the KKK of the Left.

Actually, if it is in The Washington Post, it has a very high likelihood of being accurate.

There is a political game of false equivalences going on these days.  Trump says the general media lies and they offer factual proof that he said what he said and Fox news says there is "disagreement" without providing any evidence about that disagreement.  But when the Washington Post provides facts (details like day, date, time, and transcipt), Fox just echoes Trump who is echoing Fox.

Stupid people can't tell the difference.

I say that only in recognition that half the population is (by definition) stupider than average.  But I also say that recognizing that Republican voters are, by all surveys, less educated than the average voter.  And more religious, too. 

Just saying...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Tucker Carlson says ... no matter what ideology of leader you are, if you despise the voters, your supporters or potential supporters, then you deserve to lose.  See Romney and Clinton.  Classic Axis/Stalinist hubris.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Tucker Carlson was always an asshole fanning the flames of hate among conservatives, but now he's the bully on the playground accusing others of starting the fight.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
Tucker Carlson says ... no matter what ideology of leader you are, if you despise the voters, your supporters or potential supporters, then you deserve to lose.  See Romney and Clinton.  Classic Axis/Stalinist hubris.

Any post starting with "Tucker Carlson says" is doomed at the start.  Grow up.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 08:04:47 AM
Any post starting with "Tucker Carlson says" is doomed at the start.  Grow up.

Any post starting Hillary Clinton says ... is a pail of colostomy bag.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2018, 01:12:21 PM
Any post starting Hillary Clinton says ... is a pail of colostomy bag.

See, now THAT is how false equivalencies start.  Just because 2 ides say different things doesn't mean they are equally inaccurate.   One side is correct and the other is not.  And careful examinations of the statements of both sides.

So, you want to compare the accuracy of statements by Trump and Clinton?  I'm full willing and able.  I give you first move...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 02:10:24 PM
See, now THAT is how false equivalencies start.  Just because 2 ides say different things doesn't mean they are equally inaccurate.   One side is correct and the other is not.  And careful examinations of the statements of both sides.

So, you want to compare the accuracy of statements by Trump and Clinton?  I'm full willing and able.  I give you first move...

All of your politics is a Mobius strip ... infinitely one sided.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sylar

Calling Tucker Carlson a "journalist" -- hah, what a reach.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on November 09, 2018, 07:08:11 PM
Calling Tucker Carlson a "journalist" -- hah, what a reach.

Except for Cronkite or Sevareid ... none of those rags, paper or TV, are worth a bird cage.

Didn't know Tucker Carlson before this past week (I don't do TV).  But he was out promoting his new book.  I would like him as the next Press Secretary for Trump, or even higher office.  Most honest and down to earth talking head since Cronkite.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

You're FOS. End of story. Carlson is FOS as well except with a bigger microphone.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2018, 05:54:06 AM
Didn't know Tucker Carlson before this past week (I don't do TV).

I don't know him either. I don't watch the news unless there is a serious crisis, like 9/11. Reading online is much more efficient and comprehensive.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2018, 09:27:19 AM
You're FOS. End of story. Carlson is FOS as well except with a bigger microphone.

And John Oliver is a flaming sack of shit, that people here love to quote?

Hating or loving these TV or Internet personalities ... is pathological.

Same as with politicians we have never met.  You and I don't know them.

But this is a good place for pathological people to act out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

I recognise his face, but have no idea where from. And if the things have been said about him in general is true, then he is at the other end of what he himself did before?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 10, 2018, 11:16:07 AM
I recognise his face, but have no idea where from. And if the things have been said about him in general is true, then he is at the other end of what he himself did before?

He was on TV/YouTube shilling for his new book.  He was a writer first, then a TV personality.  Never read his books, don't watch TV hence I don't watch Fox (the source of all evil to the people here).  Fox has been pretty much defanged since the days of Rush Limbaugh was popular.  Of course Rupert Murdoch is actually evil, just like William Randolph Hurst (and the protagonist from Citizen Kane).  But he is just as Australian LARPing as an American.  Probably MI6 from way back (must control the "narrative" in the Anglophone world).

Anyway, he interviews well ... very American in the ordinary sense, not E/W coast intelligentsia.

Of course killing journalists are routine in other countries ... and Americans want us to be more multicultural, like that.

https://cpj.org/data/killed/2018/?status=Killed&motiveConfirmed%5B%5D=Confirmed&type%5B%5D=Journalist&start_year=2018&end_year=2018&group_by=location

In the Internet age, it is easier to de-platform people.  The sooner MSM can be ... bankrupted the better, they are all Deep State operatives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.