News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Like Apple?

Started by Sal1981, November 08, 2018, 11:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

I've long contended that Apple uses predatory business practices.

Heck, probably all do, to some extent, but here's Apple's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_SZ4tfLns

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

the_antithesis

Hydra009

I've always assumed that the term "genius bar" was intended as a stealth insult on its unaware clientele.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 08, 2018, 01:27:17 PM
I've always assumed that the term "genius bar" was intended as a stealth insult on its unaware clientele.

Real men use Linux.  The rest are SJWs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 08, 2018, 11:43:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_SZ4tfLns
Thanks for the video.  I'm neither shocked or surprised by Apple's business model.  But like someone said, they probably all do it.  I don't know that, but I'd be willing to wager that a corporation with some real integrity would be hard to find.  I don't think you could legally stop them from fucking the consumer, because there aren't many laws that enforce ethics.  Take them to court for selling you unneeded repairs?  Yeah, right.  Good luck with winning that case. 

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 14, 2018, 08:10:49 PM
Thanks for the video.  I'm neither shocked or surprised by Apple's business model.  But like someone said, they probably all do it.  I don't know that, but I'd be willing to wager that a corporation with some real integrity would be hard to find.  I don't think you could legally stop them from fucking the consumer, because there aren't many laws that enforce ethics.  Take them to court for selling you unneeded repairs?  Yeah, right.  Good luck with winning that case.

I just know one empirical thing ... at my local mall, the Apple store has a line of people waiting outside for it to open.  At the MS store, even after opening, there isn't anyone entering.  Next time choose a company name that doesn't remind one of multiple schlerosis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I stopped expecting Apple repairs the day I learned that they considered that a smoker using an Apple product was automatically (by their definition) voiding the repair opportunities.  So I bought a new Windows and discovered I couldn't make any sense of it. 

So now I just buy a new Apple Mac Mini every 4-5 years and use Time Machine to transfer all the data to the new one and go on slowly ruining it.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 17, 2018, 12:45:19 AM
I stopped expecting Apple repairs the day I learned that they considered that a smoker using an Apple product was automatically (by their definition) voiding the repair opportunities.  So I bought a new Windows and discovered I couldn't make any sense of it. 

So now I just buy a new Apple Mac Mini every 4-5 years and use Time Machine to transfer all the data to the new one and go on slowly ruining it.  LOL!

I don't smoke.  But for practical reasons, the Genius Bar won't work on older Apple machines, because they are impractical.  Nearing the time when I will have to buy a new one (once every 8 years).

Old style Apple ... works out of the box
Old style Microsoft ... works if you hire an IT tech to help you
Old style Linux ... works if you have a handy Computer Science department
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.