News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Which version of Hell is the worst?

Started by Unbeliever, October 30, 2018, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:37:30 AM
Satan is a deity.  But all deities are fiction.  People created hell is just that--created by people.

Hitler ... fiction.  Stalin ... fiction.  Mao ... fiction.  Devils all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 01:45:10 PM
Yeah--Charlton Heston got upset over it.

Pink slime ... it is real, and they quietly put it back in your food, after the initial protest.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 03, 2018, 01:47:30 PM
I wish Trump was a fiction.

What are recreational drugs for?  i would rather have you all spontaneously combust over President Gary Johnson.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 01:46:28 PM
Hitler ... fiction.  Stalin ... fiction.  Mao ... fiction.  Devils all.
Much of your problem, as you just demonstrated, is that you simply cannot separate fact from fiction--you think they are one and the same.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 01:47:11 PM
Pink slime ... it is real, and they quietly put it back in your food, after the initial protest.
Pink slime huh? Is that some alien blob invading us by being ingested in our food?

He slimed me!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

Pink slime producers sued ABC for releasing information about pink slime, saying it was a defamation of the product.  ABC claims it never said the product was unsafe, but the packing industry says otherwise and are headed back to court now.  The suit was originally asking for 1.9 billion in damages.  The only article I could find regarding the settlement is that ABC coughed up a little less than 2 million.  Other articles don't mention it. Pink slime was never taken off the market, although 3 of the four plants making it closed because of public outcry, and it was only banned by certain outlets, not everyone, but enough to close 3 plants.

The main consumer fears center around public safety, because the end product contains ammonium hydroxide.  How much?  We don't know. Older middle of the road reports called it "probably safe," as it was approved by the USDA, but we don't know how accurate that is.  Some probably see the USDA approval as a green light.  Others take the government agency with a grain of salt.   Older reports did some taste test experiments between pure ground beef and burger containing the slime, and all that I read said that it didn't taste as good.  Not horrible, just lacking.  It's banned in both the UK and Canada.

The product never left the shelves, and there is no package labeling requirement, so just about any outlet can carry it, probably without even knowing it.  Currently, the product is making a comeback, but I think mostly because no one knows if they are eating it, and many people think it's gone.  But it was never really gone.

I used to love hamburger.  Maybe my tastes have changed.  Personally, I'm not worried about pink slime... well maybe a little,  but I find enough bone fragments and connective tissue in burger now that I find it unpalatable.  Sometimes at fast food joints, I get a vague taste of liver or maybe some other internal organs that are included with the meat (it's all beef or beef parts, right?).  Corporations are very waste conscious, so they throw a lot of stuff into the grinder that I would have left with the gut pile.  I just don't enjoy it anymore.  I would love to find some butcher shop where I could get burger without the bone and cartilage and the other stuff which I'm so conscious of now, but almost everywhere, they sell the pre packaged stuff that they unload off the truck.  It's cheaper and more profitable, but I'd be happy to pay another 50 cents a pound for the good stuff.  I'd love an occasional juicy burger the way I remember them (possibly incorrectly, but I don't think so).

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 01:49:16 PM
Much of your problem, as you just demonstrated, is that you simply cannot separate fact from fiction--you think they are one and the same.

Fact?  Fiction?  Virtue signaling.  I don't claim to be a prophet, but if I did, it would be virtue signaling.  Claiming to have facts is secular prophecy.

The Elite want you to eat pink slime and much else (that normally goes in pet food) including insects.  That is because they consider you less than human, you are pets.  And not the beloved kind either.  FDA wants you dead.  SEC wants you broke.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 05:23:53 PM
Fact?  Fiction?  Virtue signaling.  I don't claim to be a prophet, but if I did, it would be virtue signaling.  Claiming to have facts is secular prophecy.

The Elite want you to eat pink slime and much else (that normally goes in pet food) including insects.  That is because they consider you less than human, you are pets.  And not the beloved kind either.  FDA wants you dead.  SEC wants you broke.
Okay.  Do you have a point?

Anyone who can read the history of our country knows this has been going on from our inception.  Yet we extol the mogols--the industrialists--the big businesses who suck us dry.  Trump is the latest rendition and I'm afraid he will ride the coattails of the average stupid amirkin into his dictatorship.  But then--it can't happen here, can it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 09:31:19 PM
Okay.  Do you have a point?

Anyone who can read the history of our country knows this has been going on from our inception.  Yet we extol the mogols--the industrialists--the big businesses who suck us dry.  Trump is the latest rendition and I'm afraid he will ride the coattails of the average stupid amirkin into his dictatorship.  But then--it can't happen here, can it.

You sound like the perfect communist.  We haven't been free since the coup of 1787.  And America has been capitalist since Alexander Hamilton.  You are over 200 years too late to change these facts.  If you met an actual Hun or Mongol, you would know they don't wear three-piece suits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

the concept of hell is
different in different cultures.

for an eskimo, the hell would be a cold place and for an arab the hell
would be a very hot place.

Mike Cl

We haven't been 'free' from the very beginning of the revolution.  But we were freer and more democratic than who we rebelled against, directly after the revolt.  And from that time to now, big business has been trying to change that; don't owe allegiance to the king, but to the company store.  Unregulated capitalism is as dangerous as unregulated communism or any other ism.

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on November 04, 2018, 12:11:06 PM
the concept of hell is
different in different cultures.

for an eskimo, the hell would be a cold place and for an arab the hell
would be a very hot place.

Correct.  Hell is a Scandinavian word, it means a cold place.  N Europeans adopting Christianity mixed metaphors totally.  For a Greek it is Hades.  For a Roman it is Pluto.  For a Jew it is Sheol.  Christians got the idea of a lake of fire from Mt Etna in Sicily (with guest appearance by Mt Vesuvius).  For them, they should use the word "Vulcan".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:37:30 AM
Satan is a deity.  But all deities are fiction.  People created hell is just that--created by people.

I looked for the LIKE button without success.  Because you are right down my alley on this.  Consider yourself "liked".  For what it is worth...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 11:11:28 AM
I looked for the LIKE button without success.  Because you are right down my alley on this.  Consider yourself "liked".  For what it is worth...
One of the things that has bothered me is that 'strict' constitutionalist'  interpretation is that we'd have to go back to slavery and only allow landed white men to vote.  "All men were created equal......." really means that women were not equal and that people of color were not equal and propertyless people were not equal.   We are still fighting some of those battles.