News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The caravan goes on.

Started by pr126, October 26, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Right, it's a conspiracy of arch-villains. The Injustice League?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 26, 2018, 12:32:59 PM
No, because I'm not a communist because that's a stupid argument that can be used for anything. You can help the homeless without bringing them into your house. You can support public transportation without driving people around in your car.

ok I know being facetious doesn't sometimes come across in text form but can assure you thats where I was going with that. I help homeless too with supporting local food drives.

QuoteFirst of all, I think Trump blaming this on the Democrats instead of just focusing on the problem at hand is another reason why he is a terrible president. He puts partisanship before being president and is intentionally exacerbating the problem of polarization. He's trying to use this incident for his own political gain and aid the Republicans in the midterms elections. He is supposed to be everyone's president, not just leader of the Republican party.

I'd argue any political party would use this to their advantage and agenda tbh. Seen enough of that with my own countries conservative and labour parties in power over the years.

QuoteI haven't researched this story in depth but my initial reaction is I would, as Trump has done, mobilize the military and stop the caravan at the border with non-lethal means. Allowing thousands of people to enter the country without applying for asylum is not only illegal but sets a bad precedent. I would set up emergency processing stations to allow people to apply for asylum and allow those that meet criteria would be allowed to enter. For those that don't meet criteria, I would work with the Mexican government and the governments of other Central American countries on a plan to allow them to stay in Mexico or return them to their countries of origin. These people are not solely the responsibility of the US government. I empathize with these people's plight but the reality is there are millions of people in dire situations and just because these people can walk to the United States border doesn't mean they are more deserving of aid or should step before people who are are going through proper immigration channels.

Agreed honestly, this I agree with. These things require due process and a system of control. This is the crap we face in europe right now where there isn't any kind of control. This is why somewhere like hungary had to go to extreme ends to hault to flow of mass migration because the European government didn't know when to stop or set up a better system of handling migration.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Hungary and Poland show that it can be done. All it needs is political will.
And of course the people behind it.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 26, 2018, 01:31:54 PM
Right, it's a conspiracy of arch-villains. The Injustice League?

You just described all of human history.  Why humanity is a failed species.  Just think what damage we could do if we had actual super powers?  Just demi-gods, not gods.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.