News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The caravan goes on.

Started by pr126, October 26, 2018, 10:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Mass immigration will not stop.
If they are let in, then more and more will be coming.
Who is organizing, financing this?
People individually just don't up sticks and start walking.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8RWgXa95M

Mermaid

My thoughts: Low-information voters with a complete inability to empathize and see past the end of their own noses are ruining the USA with their ignorance.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: Mermaid on October 26, 2018, 10:18:55 AM
My thoughts: Low-information voters with a complete inability to empathize and see past the end of their own noses are ruining the USA with their ignorance.

let me ask, are you going to open your doors to let some migrants come live with you?

And if not, why not?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

pr126

Empathize with the thousands of the homeless and drug addicts in your cities first.
Do not add to your already existing troubles.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Munch on October 26, 2018, 10:25:43 AM
let me ask, are you going to open your doors to let some migrants come live with you?

And if not, why not?

No, because I'm not a communist because that's a stupid argument that can be used for anything. You can help the homeless without bringing them into your house. You can support public transportation without driving people around in your car.

First of all, I think Trump blaming this on the Democrats instead of just focusing on the problem at hand is another reason why he is a terrible president. He puts partisanship before being president and is intentionally exacerbating the problem of polarization. He's trying to use this incident for his own political gain and aid the Republicans in the midterms elections. He is supposed to be everyone's president, not just leader of the Republican party.

I haven't researched this story in depth but my initial reaction is I would, as Trump has done, mobilize the military and stop the caravan at the border with non-lethal means. Allowing thousands of people to enter the country without applying for asylum is not only illegal but sets a bad precedent. I would set up emergency processing stations to allow people to apply for asylum and allow those that meet criteria would be allowed to enter. For those that don't meet criteria, I would work with the Mexican government and the governments of other Central American countries on a plan to allow them to stay in Mexico or return them to their countries of origin. These people are not solely the responsibility of the US government. I empathize with these people's plight but the reality is there are millions of people in dire situations and just because these people can walk to the United States border doesn't mean they are more deserving of aid or should step before people who are are going through proper immigration channels.

Baruch

Ruined in 1776 ... thanks Founding Fathers.  My vote goes to King George III.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 26, 2018, 10:25:43 AM

And if not, why not?

She is from Turkey, her country already did, until they didn't.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 26, 2018, 10:27:05 AM
Empathize with the thousands of the homeless and drug addicts in your cities first.
Do not add to your already existing troubles.

Bigger problem isn't Hispanics ... it is all the non-Hispanics ... including ISIS members.  Yes, they are infiltrating criminals and terrorists ... not Bambi.  Same as they have been doing in Europe.  Of course if you are really liberal, then criminals and terrorists haven't done anything wrong, because society is responsible for their bad behavior.  Former ISIS members work for hire ... D-party assassins or R-party assassins, as long as they are paid.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Who financed the mass migration from the Syria and the rest of the Middle East? Surely all those people didn't just pick up and start walking?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 26, 2018, 01:17:47 PM
Who financed the mass migration from the Syria and the rest of the Middle East? Surely all those people didn't just pick up and start walking?

They got to Turkey because of war ... financed by NATO etc.  Then they got to Greece via Soros.  Same as the Africans coming into Spain and Italy.

Human trafficking isn't humanitarian, it is a felony.  Same as the "coyotes" who assist (and sometimes kill) Mexicans trying to cross into the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on October 26, 2018, 01:14:29 PM
Bigger problem isn't Hispanics ... it is all the non-Hispanics ... including ISIS members.  Yes, they are infiltrating criminals and terrorists ... not Bambi.  Same as they have been doing in Europe.  Of course if you are really liberal, then criminals and terrorists haven't done anything wrong, because society is responsible for their bad behavior.  Former ISIS members work for hire ... D-party assassins or R-party assassins, as long as they are paid.
So, you're sold on the Trump line that there are "Middle Easterns" in the "caravan"?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on October 26, 2018, 01:19:43 PM
They got to Turkey because of war ... financed by NATO etc.  Then they got to Greece via Soros.  Same as the Africans coming into Spain and Italy.

Human trafficking isn't humanitarian, it is a felony.  Same as the "coyotes" who assist (and sometimes kill) Mexicans trying to cross into the US.
George Soros is quickly becoming the right's Emmanuel Goldstein. Have you had your 2 minutes hate today?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 26, 2018, 01:21:47 PM
So, you're sold on the Trump line that there are "Middle Easterns" in the "caravan"?

Trump didn't say it.  Mexican police said it.  And yes, many are not poor campesinos ... they are urban gangs.  The kind that decapitate and worship Santa Muerta.

We can't have too many staunch Catholic hispanics ... who hate Protestants, atheists and gays.  But yea, the Caribbean and Latin America can keep the actual criminals.  And you can bet, with the draw down of Daesh in Syria, the CIA is helping their employees find new employment.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 26, 2018, 01:24:43 PM
George Soros is quickly becoming the right's Emmanuel Goldstein. Have you had your 2 minutes hate today?

Jews are better at everything, including Evil.   I am sure Soros isn't a one-man cabal ... that would be bad grammar.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.