News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Australia's new vaccine laws

Started by Smartmarzipan, June 20, 2013, 11:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Vaccination laws: NSW parliament passes controversial laws over childcare vaccinations
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-20/n ... ws/4769002

QuoteFrom next January, a childcare centre can refuse to enrol a child whose parents or guardians cannot show proof of vaccination or provide an approved exemption.

Health Minister Jillian Skinner says parents who are seeking an exemption will first need to speak to a general practitioner.

Childcare centres will face fines if they do not complete checks to ensure a child is vaccinated, or that they have exemption.

Health experts have warned of increasing instances of whooping cough across the state, which they attribute to low immunisation rates.

A recent report found that in the far north coast town of Mullumbimby, less than half of young children were fully immunised.

I am all for this. Don't want to immunize your kid? Then you keep them the hell away from other people's children.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

_Xenu_

The Jenny McCarthy's of the world are convinced that vaccines cause autism. (Not that they have any proof of this)
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "_Xenu_"The Jenny McCarthy's of the world are convinced that vaccines cause autism. (Not that they have any proof of this)

I have no idea why any one on the face of the planet ever listened to fuckin' Jenny McCarthy when it came to their children's health. And good luck telling those same people now that the whole autism scare was fraudulent. *facepalm*
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Jason78

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I am all for this. Don't want to immunize your kid? Then you keep them the hell away from other people's children.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'd want my children sharing space with walking disease vectors.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato