News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mormons Don't Want to be Called Mormons

Started by Blackleaf, October 16, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 09, 2018, 12:27:39 PM
What I find ironic is that these are the same people who reject the preferred pronouns of people who are transgender.

"These men want to be called she! They're not the bosses of us! They can't police our language! If you have a penis between your legs, I am going to call you a man, whether you like it or not!"

"Please, don't call us Mormons. That is a name imposed on us by outsiders. Call us members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints."

Yeah, fuck you, Mormon hypocrites. I'm not going to use that ridiculously long, super conceited name while you're so dismissive of other peoples' identities.

I dismiss all people's so called identities, particularly on the Internet.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 09, 2018, 12:27:39 PM
What I find ironic is that these are the same people who reject the preferred pronouns of people who are transgender.

"These men want to be called she! They're not the bosses of us! They can't police our language! If you have a penis between your legs, I am going to call you a man, whether you like it or not!"

"Please, don't call us Mormons. That is a name imposed on us by outsiders. Call us members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints."

Yeah, fuck you, Mormon hypocrites. I'm not going to use that ridiculously long, super conceited name while you're so dismissive of other peoples' identities.

Actually, that is true.  You can't FORCE people to call transgenders "him or her" according to what they want to be called.  You have to CONVINCE people to use the right words.  Think about that.  Then think of strategies to convince other people to use the right words.

I spend some waking hours thinking about how to make "atheist" a positive term.  It is sure going to take a lot of time.  But we will get there someday.  And I bet you "Queers" get there first.  Because you are demanding it better than we atheists are.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on November 09, 2018, 12:18:27 PM
Any group can call themselves (among themselves) anything they want.  But they don't get to choose what other people call them. 

If they can, you will all hereby refer to me as ALL POWERFUL COMMANDER OF THE GALAXIES BEYOND ALL FEAR AND HORRIBLE OBEDIENCE INTO THE WELL OF PAIN SHOULD YOU DOUBT THE LEAST BIT OF YOUR WILL".

Bet that doesn't work too well either...

Well, at least it rolls trippingly off the tongue...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 09, 2018, 01:12:07 PM
Well, at least it rolls trippingly off the tongue...

Well, if if APCOTGBAFAHOITWOPSYDTTLBOYW doesn't say it concisely, what can?  Better than "I Am Groot" over and over again.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!