What Do Cults, Religions, and Political Tribes Have in Common?

Started by pr126, October 11, 2018, 12:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

When Cory Booker and Maxine Waters incite crowds to harass Republicans wherever they find them?
When Trump voters are a basket of deplorables?

There is some truth in this.

Mob rule?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4qG7_mRHIY

Yes, I know it is Fox News. It's them v us.
QED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9dp3g8ndJA

PickelledEggs

Credit where credit is due, I actually agree 100% with the first video. Congrats pr.

as for the 2nd video, i just hate the finger pointing talking head videos. This time it has nothing to do with it being fox news, all 3 of them are annoying and i could only get through a few min. Quite frankly those videos never really do anything other than rile people up. Pointless...

but the first video was good and had a bunch of very good points that I agree with and have been saying a long time.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 11, 2018, 01:09:35 AM
Credit where credit is due, I actually agree 100% with the first video. Congrats pr.

as for the 2nd video, i just hate the finger pointing talking head videos. This time it has nothing to do with it being fox news, all 3 of them are annoying and i could only get through a few min. Quite frankly those videos never really do anything other than rile people up. Pointless...

but the first video was good and had a bunch of very good points that I agree with and have been saying a long time.

But if you don't like us vs them ... do you want football to be where all the players are on the same team?  How sporting is that?  But that is what it means to be Chinese today.  You all get to look alike ;-)  Under Emperor Xi.

See losers don't like competition.  Doesn't take a genius to figure out why.  Losers who become winners, don't call their Congressman, they learn how to compete better and try again.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on October 11, 2018, 12:24:34 AM
There is some truth in this.
Mob rule?
He obviously means to kick them metaphorically, and that is understood by the audience, which didn't sound like a "mob" at all.  I don't care whether Democrats go high or low.  Low is fine, because Republicans are mostly dicks.  High is fine with me too.  But this is the same old same old.  Trying to stir up the base with rhetoric.  That's simply not enough.  Democratic leaders need to spend more time representing their base, although I'm not sure what their base is anymore.  The base starts to lose interest if they are unrepresented, and while rhetoric is powerful during campaigns, that's not where the work gets done.

Sal1981

2nd video reminded my old days of seeing who could piss farthest.

Blackleaf

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 11, 2018, 01:09:35 AM

Pretty much my thoughts too, except I didn't watch the Fox News video. I don't watch mindless political propaganda. Also, the guy in the first video blinks way too much. It got on my nerves. I had to listen to it in a separate tab so I wouldn't have to look at him. lol

Despite this guy's obvious political lean, focusing solely on Democratic "inclusiveness," his points could easily be used as criticism for either the left or the right. Personally, while I do vote blue, especially now that Republicans have control of all three branches of national government, I still hesitate to call myself a Democrat. I think for myself, and I don't always agree with other Democrats. Also, I don't think that bringing up politics at family parties is a good idea. That was a bad suggestion on Gad's part. That kind of thing will never stay "polite." Doesn't stop my Republican family members from bring up politics every five minutes of course.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

If Republicans would consider that non-white people were legitimate citizens and seek to get their support, they would do better.

If they are determined to survive on old white male voters, it's the trash dump for them.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 14, 2018, 01:30:33 AM
If Republicans would consider that non-white people were legitimate citizens and seek to get their support, they would do better.

If they are determined to survive on old white male voters, it's the trash dump for them.

The Democrats will disintegrate into 100 parties, one for each gender etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2018, 02:32:27 AM
The Democrats will disintegrate into 100 parties, one for each gender etc.

No. they live in groups.  The Repubs can only live "whiter old male" in hospices.  And they will eventually not vote.  For obvious reasons.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!