News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

We vs Me

Started by Baruch, October 08, 2018, 11:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVgX8cXsHA

Yeah ... a TED talk.  Yeah ... a rabbi.  But whether you are Jewish or not, he is telling a shared truth that was abandon at our peril

If we have no shared meaning, because of partisanship or other ... then we are sociopaths (we kill on an individual basis).  And if we have a shared meaning, and it is exclusive rather than inclusive, then we are Nazis (we kill on a tribal basis).  We need a shared common meaning that is inclusive.  I think that the US and the EU are failed attempts at this.  But we must pick ourselves up and reinvent ourselves as a new people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2018, 11:37:47 PM

Yeah ... a TED talk.  Yeah ... a rabbi.  But whether you are Jewish or not, he is telling a shared truth that was abandon at our peril

If we have no shared meaning, because of partisanship or other ... then we are sociopaths (we kill on an individual basis).  And if we have a shared meaning, and it is exclusive rather than inclusive, then we are Nazis (we kill on a tribal basis).  We need a shared common meaning that is inclusive.  I think that the US and the EU are failed attempts at this.  But we must pick ourselves up and reinvent ourselves as a new people.

I'll go with that.  A new non-partisanship is required for us to advance.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!