Far-Right Brasilian Candidate On Verge of Winning Presidency

Started by Shiranu, October 08, 2018, 02:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 11, 2018, 11:51:46 AM
Everyone has a right to be wrong, including Muslims. As long as that stays out of politics, they can believe whatever stupid things they want. Nothing about supporting the human rights of Muslim immigrants is contradictory of supporting women or the LGBTQ+. That's not to say that the way some countries have handled immigration has been smart. Letting them group together and section off their own lawless lands was not the smart way to handle it. But the way to fix that is not by electing some right-wing bigot who wants to turn the country into a Christian theocratic dictatorship.

All Republicans are Dominionists?  Really?  There are people who fit that description, and they could have the ear of whoever is in power.  Beware advisors ... the power behind the throne.  I like immigration as a general principle, but everything in moderation.  And it is never smart to do things in a stupid manner.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2018, 01:10:15 PM
All Republicans are Dominionists?  Really?  There are people who fit that description, and they could have the ear of whoever is in power.  Beware advisors ... the power behind the throne.  I like immigration as a general principle, but everything in moderation.  And it is never smart to do things in a stupid manner.

I'm not talking about all Republicans. I'm talking about Bolsonaro, the topic of this thread.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 11, 2018, 03:37:14 PM
I'm not talking about all Republicans. I'm talking about Bolsonaro, the topic of this thread.

Oh.  And what detailed knowledge do you or anyone else have of Brazil?  Other than the movie of course.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.