Far-Right Brasilian Candidate On Verge of Winning Presidency

Started by Shiranu, October 08, 2018, 02:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/08/jair-bolsonaro-wins-brazil-vote-but-not-outright-victory

Requiring 50% of the vote to win the presidency, Bolsonaro got 47% and is expected to take it in the run-off elections in three weeks. To say this is a bad thing is one of the biggest understatements ever posted here.

1. He is in favour of returning Brasil to a dictatorship. When asked about the dictatorship they broke free of in the 80s, his response was that the previous dictators did not go far enough, and that they had needed to kill at least 30,000 more people to have seen results. Likewise he laments that the days of torture are gone and vows to bring them back. This is a problem because he is a former Captain of the Brasilian military and still has alot of support amongst them.

2. He is extremely, extremely sexist, racist and homophobic, the last of which has been a large part of his success as a politician. He has advocated parents "beating the gay" out of their children, has told a fellow Senator that he would never rape her because she was too ugly (and then threatened to hit her several times), and in a mix of the two told Ellen Page that he would never view her as gay, and if he was a cadet he would be catcalling her on the street (apparently meaning this as a complement).

3. He has mentioned atheists several times, and I have no doubt that life would severely deteriorate for atheists in Brasil under a Bolsonaro presidency.

The list of horrible things he has said and done goes on and on, but you get the point.

All I want to know is... what the fuck is wrong with the world? All I hear are screams are about how the left are destroying Western civilization, and yet it's far-right radicals in Greece, in the Balkans assaulting refugees and gaining seats in their parliaments. In Italy it's a far-right president who wants to destablise the EU and euro. In the United Kingdom you have the madness of Brexit and the massive amounts of money to prevent Scotland from gaining it's independence. You have Erdogan turning Turkey back into a fundamentalist, conservative and corrupt autocracy. You have idiots like Geerter Wilders and Le Pen having strong political voices. And of course in America you have Donald Trump but more importantly a borderline far-right GOP party installing their Supreme Court justices for decades.

How the fuck are people looking at all this and thinking... "This is okay, it's the leftists we need to look out for!"?

It is a delusion, and I don't get how people fall for it.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Dear lord, what is wrong with people voting for far right (literally nazi) politicians?
Why are people against the globalist utopia? They don't know what is good for them.

It is time to abolish voting everywhere. It leads to no good.

Munch

Always comes back to trump with you don't it? Their should be a new term for Godwin's law with trump instead of Nazis as the end result.

Its nice for once your looking at other political systems and fucked up things happening there, but its always hypocritical to go into a rage about the far right, how they will destroy society, while never considering the extremes on the opposite ends of the scale. I mean if you want to talk about what's wrong with the far right that's one thing, but asking what's wrong with the state of the world and accusing all the problems in the world on only one hard-line political ideology is just missing the issue entirely.

There was recently a report of a neo Nazi concert in Germany against mass migration in Germany. Things like that happen and will keep happening because the politicians aren't listening to their own people saying 'enough, we don't want anymore refugees piling into our land', the reason brexit happened is because the UK is fed up having to answer to these same politicians in Brussels that have that much control.

If you think the world is leaning to far right, maybe you should look at the problems of your own side why people lean to the right more these days. You'd end up realising the majority aren't even that far to the right, just a little to the right of your own outlook.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

QuoteDear lord, what is wrong with people voting for far right (literally nazi) politicians?
Why are people against the globalist utopia? They don't know what is good for them.

It is time to abolish voting everywhere. It leads to no good.

So you are in favour of religion-backed dictators if they share your ideology.

How very Western of you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteAlways comes back to trump with you don't it?

I know this is suppose to be some biting stab, but the thought of a Brit telling me that I shouldn't relate things to my own culture and my own country just comes off as pathetically humorous more than anything else.

QuoteIts nice for once your looking at other political systems and fucked up things happening there, but its always hypocritical to go into a rage about the far right, how they will destroy society, while never considering the extremes on the opposite ends of the scale.

Firstly, I have looked at other systems and commented on them, I just tend to be more hesitant to do so because I do not have first-hand experience with these regions.

Secondly, yes I focus on the far-right because the far-right is the one that has gained significant political power over the last decade or so, both here in the States and in Europe. The AfD, who has made excuses for the Nazi party and says they weren't as bad as people made them out to be, won 12.6% of the votes for the Bundestag in Germany and is now the third largest party. In Italy Lega Nord, a self-proclaimed "new-right" party received 17.4% of the vote and the Five Star Party which embraced Italian Nationalism are the party of the current sitting prime minister.

Point to me one major country in the world, one, that is becoming progressively further and further "left-wing".

My country literally just had some one pushed through to the Supreme Court, despite the fact he was credibly accused of sexual assault and openly stated before his job interview that he would be partisan, by right-wing conservatives. My country is lead by a president with multiple sexual assault accusations against him and a history of mocking the disabled, women, minorities, veterans... who tries his hardest to intimidate and delegitimize the free press, who nominated said Justice to the Supreme Court because a conservative group that opposes abortion wanted him as their man... a president who was elected almost solely because he "stuck it to 'the left'", which has literally never held power in the United States. Our "leftist" party, by any standard, is a moderate at best party and conservative at worse party.

My country is being torn apart by right-wing politics, so your right I am going to be focused on the far-right. You do this with literally everything... if I was cooking and said the food was starting to get too hot so we should cut down the stove, you would start arguing that you have to consider that the food was also cold once so why don't I have a problem with ice and why am I only focusing on the fire, is it because I am a partisan hack for ice?

QuoteYou'd end up realising the majority aren't even that far to the right, just a little to the right of your own outlook.

I already realised most people are moderates a long, long time ago, but thanks for the reminder.

pr126

Whilst I am an atheist I do approve of religion.
For one thing, it gives people unity and purpose.
Just look at Islam how they are winning against the west as we abandoned religion we are fighting each other left v right, globalist v nationalist,  and let our societies, cultures diminish, disintegrate.

Ready for a stronger more united group pick up the pieces.

Europe will be Islamised in a few decades.

The UN Migration Pact Will Help Create the Future Islamic Republic of Germany

Be careful what you wish for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQKkcIFQNk

How can this happen? YOU and your ideology want it to happen.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 04:25:52 AM
Whilst I am an atheist I do approve of religion.
For one thing, it gives people unity and purpose.
Just look at Islam how they are winning against the west as we abandoned religion we are fighting each other (left v right, you should know) and let our societies, cultures diminish.

Ready for a stronger more united group pick up the pieces.

Europe will be Islamised in a few decades.

The UN Migration Pact Will Help Create the Future Islamic Republic of Germany

Be careful what you wish for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQKkcIFQNk

How can this happen? YOU want it to happen.

In response to the implication you support religious-backed dictatorships if they share your ideology, you reply that Christianity unified European culture and kept infighting under control, and that it's the rise of atheism that has lead to increased division in Europe...

I just... World War II? World War I? The Irish War of Independence (and "The Troubles")? The Christmas Uprising? The Italian Wars of Independence? The Hungarian Revolution? The Crimean War? The Napoleonic Wars? The Seven Years' War? The Jacobite Uprising? The Great Northern War? The War of Spanish Succession? The Nine-Years War? The War of the Three Kingdoms? The Thirty Years' War? The Eighty Years' War? France vs England for basically hundreds and hundreds of years?

That is leaving out a metric fuck-ton of wars out, and it doesn't even include the regional and ethnic genocides that have killed hundreds of thousands, millions, of Europeans and cause divides to this day. And of course it ignores how many countless "pagans", "witches" and "heretics" Christianity slaughtered to be the unifying power of Europe... except oops, there are multiple major branches of Christanity (Catholicism, Lutheranism, Anglicanism, Eastern Orthodox) and the multiple conflicts between those groups.

Quote... and let our societies, cultures diminish, disintegrate.

You say that, and  yet you are the one who is saying a religious dictator is acceptable if he shares your ideology.

THAT IS LITERALLY CONTRARY TO EVERYTHING WESTERN CULTURE STANDS FOR LITERALLY SEVERAL HUNDRED YEARS NOW

You cant hold a position (and it's not your only one) that is completely and utterly contrarian to Western ideology, the very core foundations of Western ideology, and then accuse everyone else of being the ones destroying Western culture. That isn't even hypocritical at that point, it is just fucking stupid.

pr126

Do you think globalism is the solution?

The only religious dictatorship will be Islam. Make that a prediction.

Btw, you only mentioned Christian wars.

Do you have any knowledge of the 1400 year long jihad?
How Islam taken over North Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Phillipines, Malasia?

And now Europe is also on the to do list? The 280 million dead vicims of Islam since 622 AD?
The millions enslaved by Islam?
Not an issue?

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 04:59:12 AM
Do you think globalism is the solution?

The only religious dictatorship will be Islam.

So you are okay with a religious dictatorship as long as they support your ideology.

You also admit you know nothing about European history.

Interesting that someone who supports something European culture is fundamentally opposed to and knows nothing about Western history would lecture other people on how at risk Western culture is.

Shiranu

QuoteBtw, you only mentioned Christian wars.

Yeah, when you make a statement about how great Christianity was at unifying Europe, I'm going to talk about Christianity falling to unify Europe.

Secondly, those were not all Christian wars.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 08, 2018, 03:55:07 AM
So you are in favour of religion-backed dictators if they share your ideology.

How very Western of you.

Latin America is Catholic ... not Atheist.  So why aren't you in favor of nuking them?  Are you in favor of pedophilia?

I don't know why so many governments in the New World, that use Spanish/Portuguese/French are such semi-failures.  I think it has more to do with Catholic culture than CIA.  Far right (Pinochet) vs Far left (Maduro) seems like no good choice at all.  And that is coming to Anglo America.

So I am more than Western, I am non-Catholic.  I don't mind Romance languages however.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Christianity ain't what it used to be.

Pope Francis celebrates special Mass for migrants

QuotePope Francis called for "solidarity" with refugees during a special Mass Friday in Vatican City, where the leader of the Catholic Church invited several migrants and family members.

The Associated Press reports that Francis celebrated a special Mass solely for migrants on Friday at St. Peter’s Basilica, marking the fifth anniversary of the Pope's visit to the island of Lampedusa, for years the primary target of migrants heading for Europe.

During the Mass, Francis denounced what he called the “globalization of indifference” toward refugees and the problems afflicting migrants around the world. He called on Christians and Catholics to embrace refugees and migrants into their communities.

Pope Francis: ‘Migration can enrich society’

I wonder how many migrants can settle in the Vatican.

The Holy See is a Marxist Globalist.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 08, 2018, 05:24:08 AM
Yeah, when you make a statement about how great Christianity was at unifying Europe, I'm going to talk about Christianity falling to unify Europe.

Secondly, those were not all Christian wars.

It was the Roman Empire that united Europe and much else beside.  The old fashioned way.  It happened to turn Catholic/Orthodox at the end, when Constantine followed Bugs Bunny in making a wrong turn at Albuquerque.  He should have stuck with Sol Invictus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 05:44:12 AM
Christianity ain't what it used to be.

Pope Francis celebrates special Mass for migrants

Pope Francis: ‘Migration can enrich society’

I wonder how many migrants can settle in the Vatican.

Jews were guests near the Vatican for 2000 years, since before there was a Vatican.  Until Pope Pius gave them up to the gentle ways of the Nazis.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Is this the enrichment that Pope Francis speaking of?

German teenage girl called ‘Nazi’ for reading poem about migrant violence â€" Her house vandalised as well
QuoteDuring a Poetry Slam in Speyer, Ida-Marie Müller a 14-year-old girl dared to ridicule the welcome culture of the left and denounce refugee rapists all in one.

Not only did she receive the most applause for her poem but would have won the competition because the winner was determined this way.

“From far away the man fell into the hands of traffickers, with no passport and a mobile phone. He arrived in our hallowed German land. Because he can’t get a lady, he helped himself to one with a knife.”

The left-wing organisers couldn’t have that, of course, and simply disqualified her, the winner. She was barred from the award ceremony and another competitor was awarded first prize.

Yes, you guessed it because a 14-year-old girl denouncing rape by people claiming to be asylum seekers is Nazi propaganda.