News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Erdogan and Autocratic Turkey

Started by Shiranu, October 07, 2018, 12:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Cavebear on October 10, 2018, 04:36:05 PM
The sad thing is that Turkey ALMOST became a functioning democracy.  They came SO CLOSE...

After Ataturk the decline of turkland began... The young turkish state's democracy improvment remained limited in his lifetime. After he died the external(non national) powers started keeping the power(by deep state and nato) in their hands.

SoldierofFortune

Quote from: Cavebear on October 10, 2018, 04:37:12 PM
We'll get past that...

Upper class does not want the commoners to wake up.

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on October 10, 2018, 04:54:25 PM
Upper class does not want the commoners to wake up.

It takes a democratic base to support a democracy.  Turkey had an "insuffiency".
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2018, 02:35:18 PM
I'd rather slam my car door on my head.

CGI is your friend.  I would love one of Hillary turning into a Jackie-o-lantern.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 10, 2018, 01:30:00 PM
Americans have no ideas.  Right.  Declaration Of Independence, Constitution...

British ideas.  All the smart people, were Tories, who left after 1783.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 10, 2018, 02:00:32 PM
Just heading off the inevitable tu quoque "rebuttal".

The butts have it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm rather concerned about DrunkenShoe. We had kept in touch for a while then she just fell off the radar completely about a year ago. Has anyone heard anything at all from her this past year?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 10, 2018, 09:23:00 AM
I'm rather concerned about DrunkenShoe. We had kept in touch for a while then she just fell off the radar completely about a year ago. Has anyone heard anything at all from her this past year?

She has been posting here just this past week.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

I thought you had fallen off the radar too.

drunkenshoe

I am here, APA. I am OK.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Yes, what has been going on in Turkey is completely cut out of the world politics, esp American policy, right guys? And Turkey shot a war plane belonged to fucking Russia, no less, without the knowledge of any Nato country, esp. the US to begin with, just because they violated the air space. Pfffft.

You are still on about the rouge middle east dictator against America plot? Seriously? Guys...lol. 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 10, 2018, 10:59:28 AM
Yes, what has been going on in Turkey is completely cut out of the world politics, esp American policy, right guys? And Turkey shot a war plane belonged to fucking Russia, no less, without the knowledge of any Nato country, esp. the US to begin with, just because they violated the air space. Pfffft.

You are still on about the rouge middle east dictator against America plot? Seriously? Guys...lol.

I figure anything in print, in any language or medium, is lies.  The world is ruled by Satan, father of lies.  So maybe al-Assad is a nice guy after all.  If America is against Putin ... then I have to think, he is a good guy also.  America is more feral than Turkey, any day.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 10, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
I figure anything in print, in any language or medium, is lies.  The world is ruled by Satan, father of lies.  So maybe al-Assad is a nice guy after all.  If America is against Putin ... then I have to think, he is a good guy also.  America is more feral than Turkey, any day.

Lol, Baruch. Forget about it, I am having this conversation since I joined this forum for the first time back in 2010. Closing in on a decade. I really don't have the energy and I think I don't care any more. I don't mean to be rude. It's just... good guys, bad guys. *Rolls eyes.

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 10, 2018, 02:30:24 PM
Lol, Baruch. Forget about it, I am having this conversation since I joined this forum for the first time back in 2010. Closing in on a decade. I really don't have the energy and I think I don't care any more. I don't mean to be rude. It's just... good guys, bad guys. *Rolls eyes.

You could start a blog...  Getting the pictures down to size alone would take up a lot of your time.  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!