News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

No Clapping!

Started by pr126, October 05, 2018, 09:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

One of the worst genocides in modern history (the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya) is being carried out by Buddhists in the name of Buddhism.

The idea that Islam is unique in its violence (btw, lovely shifting goalposts) is patently wrong, much like nearly everything else that comes out of Pr's mouth.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 01:58:32 PM
Not all buddists are non-violent.  Check this https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32929855

When pressed, all theism revert to violence.

We are all pressed ... so get over it already.  If you were short on food, atheist though you may be, you will kill and eat your neighbors like any good New Guinea savage.  You are smart though, so head hunting is unnecessary for you ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2018, 02:46:52 PM
One of the worst genocides in modern history (the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya) is being carried out by Buddhists in the name of Buddhism.

The idea that Islam is unique in its violence (btw, lovely shifting goalposts) is patently wrong, much like nearly everything else that comes out of Pr's mouth.

Thank you.  I missed mentioning that small "peacefullness" of Buddists.  Quite right to keep us in the present of viciousness.  I apologize for not mentioning it myself...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

I also want to mention something I missed at the top of the thread.  There was a post about how hand-clapping was bannined at Manchester.

As usual, such silly claims are usually wrong.

Snopes.com checked it out.  In actuallity, it involved some switching out of hand clapping for British Sign Language signals meaning the same thing.  I don't know all the details but you can find some information here.  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/university-clapping-ban/

If you actually want to know more...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

pr126

How about clapping with one hand only? Would that be less offensive?

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 03:03:59 AM

How about admitting you had no idea what you were talking about and shared a sensationalist load of b.s.? Would that be too offensive?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

University of Manchester Students' Union bans clapping
QuoteReps at the University of Manchester voted to replace noisy appreciation with the British Sign Language (BSL) equivalent - a wave of both hands.

Union officer Sara Khan said traditional clapping can cause issues for students with autism, sensory issues or deafness.

But the move was criticised by some who accused students of being "pampered".

Under the new measures, BSL clapping will be used at student events such as debates, panels and talks.

Student groups and societies will also be encouraged to move away from audible clapping.

'Respectful environment'
Ms Khan, the union's liberation and access officer, who proposed the motion at a recent meeting said clapping can "discourage" some from attending democratic events.

So-called "jazz hands", she said, encouraged an "environment of respect".

"I think a lot of the time, even in Parliamentary debates, I've seen that clapping, whooping, talking over each other, loud noises, encourages an atmosphere that is not as respectful as it could be," she said.

It is the most reliable BBC. Our governmental propaganda machine.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 03:03:59 AM

PC incorrect for people who have one hand/arm missing.  The Horror!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Some people will always be offended. Can't be helped.
We wouldn't want the grievance industry to stall.
There must be victims!

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 05:53:00 AM
Some people will always be offended. Can't be helped.
We wouldn't want the grievance industry to stall.
There must be victims!

If GB had more ambulance chasing lawyers, like the one representing that prostitute who violated her agreement with Trump, you could make a mint, over all the civil claims.  Don't Muslims in Europe know, you always show up at court in a fake neck brace?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on October 08, 2018, 04:13:29 AM
University of Manchester Students' Union bans clapping
It is the most reliable BBC. Our governmental propaganda machine.

Article from 2nd of October. The clarification that it wasn't a ban on clapping but a suggestion posted on the 4th of October.

Yes, the BBC can get shit wrong and post sensationalist headlines that aren't accurate. Shocking, I know. Hence the reason you fact check even sources you agree with.

Of course, I know how foreign of concept that must be for you.

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on October 08, 2018, 10:38:35 AM
Article from 2nd of October. The clarification that it wasn't a ban on clapping but a suggestion posted on the 4th of October.

Yes, the BBC can get shit wrong and post sensationalist headlines that aren't accurate. Shocking, I know. Hence the reason you fact check even sources you agree with.

Of course, I know how foreign of concept that must be for you.

Dear me. Will you start litigation?

PickelledEggs

Pr. have you ever considered that these people do these things to piss you off, specifically?

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 08, 2018, 10:59:53 AM
Pr. have you ever considered that these people do these things to piss you off, specifically?

Shooting pr126 in a barrel.  I knew something was fishy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2018, 02:00:50 PM
Shooting pr126 in a barrel.  I knew something was fishy.
If it smells like fish, eat it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk