Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trevor Noah on Weaponized Victimhood

Started by Shiranu, October 04, 2018, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 14, 2018, 01:45:09 PM
Sorry, Bill would beat him to it.

He might have been busy at the time.  My point is that CGI is getting so good that soon, we won't be able to tell any video from reality.  And didn't Brunner predict that in 'The Sheep Look Up'?  Or was it 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep'?  It is hard to keep some stories separate sometimes.  Anyway, there was a scene where a newshow guy shows a former competitor a CGI-like scene where his previous leader was involved in an orgy that never happened.  Sort of blew reality off the map. 

BTW, one or another book like that had a scene where the Pres searched his notes for a response to a reporter's question saying "I think I have something 'comped' on that.  And I just realized this year or last that the author meant "computered'  and that was from the 80's.  And I swear I heard some politico use that term (comped) last week!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 14, 2018, 02:41:16 PM
He might have been busy at the time.  My point is that CGI is getting so good that soon, we won't be able to tell any video from reality.  And didn't Brunner predict that in 'The Sheep Look Up'?  Or was it 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep'?  It is hard to keep some stories separate sometimes.  Anyway, there was a scene where a newshow guy shows a former competitor a CGI-like scene where his previous leader was involved in an orgy that never happened.  Sort of blew reality off the map. 

BTW, one or another book like that had a scene where the Pres searched his notes for a response to a reporter's question saying "I think I have something 'comped' on that.  And I just realized this year or last that the author meant "computered'  and that was from the 80's.  And I swear I heard some politico use that term (comped) last week!

When Dr Who messes with our timeline ... things get all mixed up ... and then there are the Daleks etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.