Latest figures on cost of single payer ...

Started by Baruch, October 04, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

In 2018, average health insurance cost per family is 20.0k/year.  Average cost to the consumer is $5.5k/year  The remaining $14.5k/year paid for by your employer.  This is currently increasing in cost at 5% per annum.  The average family gross income is $60.0k/year.  So full load health care insurance (no deductible calculated) is 1/3 of gross income.  So you have to take taxes off the top of that gross income, before you start subtracting the health insurance cost.  If your income isn't increasing at 5% per year, then you are falling behind, year by year.

So basically if we have 100,000,000 families, then total health care insurance would be 2 trillion per year.  Which is one half of the current Federal budget.  So this can be done, if you cut 1/2 of the current budget out, to be reassigned to health care insurance.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Stop mucking about and institute universal healthcare already.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on October 04, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

I heard on the news today that AHCA is becoming more popular an idea recently as people are losing it and see what they have lost.  It could be the "sleeper" voter issue in 5 weeks.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason78 on October 04, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

Voters keep being taken in by lying politicians.  I really expected single-payer with Obama .. crickets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 01:55:45 PM
I heard on the news today that AHCA is becoming more popular an idea recently as people are losing it and see what they have lost.  It could be the "sleeper" voter issue in 5 weeks.

Obama-care?  As badly implemented as anything from a Republican think-tank passed by a Republican governor in Tax-achussetts.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2018, 07:52:56 PM
Obama-care?  As badly implemented as anything from a Republican think-tank passed by a Republican governor in Tax-achussetts.

Now there is one of the problems.  Even when Democrats TRY to accept Republican ideas, the Repubs go nuts.  They scream "COOTIES" and run away...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 06, 2018, 11:57:52 PM
Now there is one of the problems.  Even when Democrats TRY to accept Republican ideas, the Repubs go nuts.  They scream "COOTIES" and run away...

Dems who accept Republican ideas (see Clintons) would spontaneously combust ... but don't ... so no G-d.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 04:15:18 AM
Dems who accept Republican ideas (see Clintons) would spontaneously combust ... but don't ... so no G-d.

Repubs LOVED Romney-Care when it was a Repub idea.  But they went nutso against it when Dems enacted it bipartisanly.  You just can't please crazy people.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 04:44:47 AM
Repubs LOVED Romney-Care when it was a Repub idea.  But they went nutso against it when Dems enacted it bipartisanly.  You just can't please crazy people.

And you don't realize that DC is an opera, with a lot of fake arias.  The original think tank idea was a trojan horse to avoid single-payer ... and Obama-bot did what his evil handlers programmed him to (with most work done by the Congress-bots).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 08:54:11 AM
And you don't realize that DC is an opera, with a lot of fake arias.  The original think tank idea was a trojan horse to avoid single-payer ... and Obama-bot did what his evil handlers programmed him to (with most work done by the Congress-bots).

The Repubs were Crazy-Wild for Romney care.  Until a few Dems agreed.  Then it was poison to them. 

I read once of a study where most self-identified Repubs disagreed with most of the Declaration Of Independence when put in modern language.  Dems did a lot better.  Wish I could find it now...  I tried and failed.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 09:55:40 AM
The Repubs were Crazy-Wild for Romney care.  Until a few Dems agreed.  Then it was poison to them. 

I read once of a study where most self-identified Repubs disagreed with most of the Declaration Of Independence when put in modern language.  Dems did a lot better.  Wish I could find it now...  I tried and failed.

That is OK.  I read a poll that said that most people don't support the Bill of Rights (first 10 amendments).  Which parts they don't support, depends on their politics.  I would remove citizenship from anyone who doesn't support all of it.  Hence the desire to FEMA camp the Democrats and Republicans.

I understand why universal citizenship at birth has been our standard from the start of the US.  But I would deny citizenship to anyone born here, they have to go thru naturalization like immigrants.  They simply passed thru their mother's birth canal instead of customs.  That and a property qualification and other standards of literacy and culture.  Basically an aristocracy, but not based on birth.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 11:44:36 AM
That is OK.  I read a poll that said that most people don't support the Bill of Rights (first 10 amendments).  Which parts they don't support, depends on their politics.  I would remove citizenship from anyone who doesn't support all of it.  Hence the desire to FEMA camp the Democrats and Republicans.

I understand why universal citizenship at birth has been our standard from the start of the US.  But I would deny citizenship to anyone born here, they have to go thru naturalization like immigrants.  They simply passed thru their mother's birth canal instead of customs.  That and a property qualification and other standards of literacy and culture.  Basically an aristocracy, but not based on birth.

Same basic idea.  In for one Right, in for them all.  Though I can't accept a citizenship test. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 12:16:16 PM
Same basic idea.  In for one Right, in for them all.  Though I can't accept a citizenship test.

On testing ... new citizens have to pass it.  Why not you or I?  Or are we simply too subversive (1960s) to want to?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 07, 2018, 01:45:25 PM
On testing ... new citizens have to pass it.  Why not you or I?  Or are we simply too subversive (1960s) to want to?

They pass a citizenship test to enter.  Supposedly, k-12 does that for those of born here.  Supposedly...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 07, 2018, 01:54:10 PM
They pass a citizenship test to enter.  Supposedly, k-12 does that for those of born here.  Supposedly...

Even a liberal would have to deny that.  Education is too political, but so are citizenship tests.  The goal seems to be ... crappify everything per 1984.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.