News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Paula Deen and the *N* word

Started by WitchSabrina, June 20, 2013, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

LOL I don't use it causally if thats what you're wondering. only in discussions like these.

I understand your feelings but it makes me wonder. how do you watch films like Roots, or Ghosts of Mississippi? they say nigger in those shows and more.

and yet nobody thinks its wrong or racist. I'm certainly not using it to be racist. its just the topic at hand.

want something that really confuses me, how come the washington redskins can keep that name? redskin is to indians what nigger is the blacks.

yet if the team was called the washington niggers, they'd be a riot. why is nigger worse than redskin? consider how the indians were treated?  
I'm not saying its okay to call blacks that because it isn't, but I wonder why its so much more offensive than other racial slurs, or even just slurs in general.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"how come the washington redskins can keep that name?

Some have argued the Redskins should change their name. Much like some have wanted the Cleveland Indians to change their logo/ mascot.
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

hillbillyatheist

yes but if it was called the washington niggers or even jigaboos, I betcha it wouldn't just be a controversy. that team name would either changed by now or lose all its sponsors.

which gets back to my point, of why nigger is seen as such a worse egregious slur than any of the others even to the point that many liberals who would have no trouble typing the word faggot, wetback redskin, cracker, and gook, would write N***** for nigger because apparently the word is so evil, even saying it at all, is bad. LOL

to me slurring any group of people because of what they look like, or where they came from, or their economic status or gender or sexuality is wrong and hurtful.

however simply uttering a word is just that. And I don't think slurring one group is worse or better than slurring another.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Aroura33

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/paula-deens-new-testament_n_3518997.html
Wow, did anyone else read this link Sabrina provided? Her new Cookbook has been canceled by the publishing company, despite preorders making it the #1 preorder book from them! This is some extremely serious backlash, almost every corporation involved with her has dropped her like a hot rock.
Of course the book was called "The New Testament", so I can just imagine the type of people throwing a fit about the cancelation...lol
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

AllPurposeAtheist

I remember as a kid saying: eenie meenie miney moe..catch a nigger by the toe. If he hollers let him go.....

Fuck! There goes my walmart contract..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "Aroura33"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/paula-deens-new-testament_n_3518997.html
Wow, did anyone else read this link Sabrina provided? Her new Cookbook has been canceled by the publishing company, despite preorders making it the #1 preorder book from them! This is some extremely serious backlash, almost every corporation involved with her has dropped her like a hot rock.
Of course the book was called "The New Testament", so I can just imagine the type of people throwing a fit about the cancelation...lol

Considering the Christ-like suffering some folks claims she is enduring, a few might the title is more than adequate...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I remember as a kid saying: eenie meenie miney moe..catch a nigger by the toe. If he hollers let him go.....

Fuck! There goes my walmart contract..

Don't worry. You can get another greeter job at Home Depot...

the_antithesis

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"two things. people need to stop confusing uttering the word nigger vs referring to a black person as a nigger. calling a black person a nigger is wrong. simply saying it as I am now, is not.

typing "N word" N***** or ni66er just brings me back to the louis CK clip I posted (its on this page, just scroll up)

Thank you.

I think that if we can't say the word nigger when discussing it, then we're too immature to bother having the discussion.

Shiranu

So because people find a word distasteful and just...dont use it... they are now immature...

*roll*
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Shiranu"So because people find a word distasteful and just...dont use it... they are now immature...

*roll*

Yes. Especially if they wish to discuss the word but resort to especially childish shit like "N-word" or "N*****."

And I repeat, if you can't say it, then maybe we shouldn't be discussing it.

Shiranu

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Shiranu"So because people find a word distasteful and just...dont use it... they are now immature...

*roll*

Yes.

We have used it, we just dont feel the need to spell it out every single time. Your argument is therefor invalid. Fail.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

hillbillyatheist

LOL! for the record I think its silly to say ""N word" like it is to say "S-E-X" but saying they're too immature to talk about it unless they say it, is a bit much.
I just shrug it off as a goofy hangup.

This thread has been remarkably civil. lets keep it that way.  :)

just click here