Author Topic: Milkyway is Gates to Heaven according to some authentic hadith sources  (Read 325 times)

Offline Signu

So.... how do muslim scholar see this, literally or just some metaphor.

Ibn 'Abbas said, "The rainbow is security for the people of the earth that they will not be drowned. The Milky Way is the door of the heavens and forms a furrow through it."
Grade   : Sahih (Al-Albani)
Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 767

(329)
Chapter: The Milky Way
Ibn al-Kawwa' asked 'Ali about the Milky Way. He said, "It is the water-trough (or loop of the bag) from which the heaven opens up flowing water."
Grade   : Sahih (Al-Albani)
Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 766

You know, this thing?
If i fly near it with the spaceship, can i see through a portal to some Heaven's gate or something. Just kind of wondered about that.
Always up for a talk

Re: Milkyway is Gates to Heaven according to some authentic hadith sources
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:49:43 PM »
Hi Signu!

Sorry, no heaven's gate in the sky, just stars.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate."
Isaac Asimov

Offline Signu

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »
I just noticed now that its not related to Muhammad. What happens when i post too fast, feel like quite a fool now, but mistakes.
Edit: The only way i can do a cop out here is... Muhammad also told his followers to follow the 4 guided caliphs, i think Ali was one of them. But i need to read a source on this, since i am unsure where that came from. But that makes it legit i guess unless Muhammad contradicts it. But then again question is if asking questions on life is one of them or if it just means follow orders
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 02:07:47 PM by Signu »
Always up for a talk

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »
I just noticed now that its not related to Muhammad. What happens when i post too fast, feel like quite a fool now, but mistakes.
Edit: The only way i can do a cop out here is... Muhammad also told his followers to follow the 4 guided caliphs, i think Ali was one of them. But i need to read a source on this, since i am unsure where that came from. But that makes it legit i guess unless Muhammad contradicts it. But then again question is if asking questions on life is one of them or if it just means follow orders

There is much good historical material now debunking what happened before the middle Umayyad period ... as being a foundation myth to back up an ultimately failed regime (Abbasids replacing Umayyads a little over 50 years later).

On the other hand, if you mean the cultural aspect, what Muslim believe about themselves (as opposed to facts of history) then you are well on your way to the Sunni view of things.  But Muhammad wasn't a Sunni, even if he existed at all.

BTW - my style is also to read and type very fast.  Necessitating edits ;-)

Much of the Quran is sourced from folk material in the educated ME culture of late antiquity.  See Tom Holland in particular.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:20:34 PM by Baruch »
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 06:53:24 PM »
What? That doesn't... We live IN the Milky Way!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
Heaven's gate was a suicide cult that no one likes to talk about these days - for good reason. Religion can persuade people to kill themselves for the sake of the beliefs.
Isaac Asimov

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »
So.... how do muslim scholar see this, literally or just some metaphor.

There really are Muslim scholars??  Scholars?  Doubt it.  They are simply trying to apologize for their theism.  I'm afraid their koran is just as much a fantasy as the bible. 

It's simply Signu, if you are a theist then you believe in a fantasy--feel free to do so, but don't try to peddle the idea that any of it is real or actual.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
And why would anyone here know or care how Muslim "scholars" see anything? Wouldn't an Islamic forum be a better place for such questions?
Isaac Asimov

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 07:28:31 AM »
And why would anyone here know or care how Muslim "scholars" see anything? Wouldn't an Islamic forum be a better place for such questions?

And I might add, "The same for Christian, Buddist, Hindu, and all other theistic "scholars"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 10:59:14 PM »
"Authentic hadith" is an oxymoron.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk