Do psychotropic drugs enhance, or diminish, human agency?

Started by GSOgymrat, September 17, 2018, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2018, 01:49:06 PM
You and everyone else who engages him.

Baruch likes to make a lot of jokes, and he is pretty darn close to a "Nazi Theist", but when he puts his mind to something, you better be careful.  Don't tell him I said that...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

I think he just puts on a contrarian persona that varies depending on who he's talking to.  The lack of genuineness reeks of insecurity.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2018, 02:06:11 PM
I think he just puts on a contrarian persona that varies depending on who he's talking to.  The lack of genuineness reeks of insecurity.

Well, yeah, I never said he was a pillar of atheism here.  He needs to put his mind to his posts, though.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

Quote from: luckswallowsall on October 04, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
I don't see how what you've said here in your response to me and the link that I posted has any relevance to what I said or to the link that I posted.
Yeah, typical Baruch. We're kind of used to him here, but being new it may take you a bit to acclimatize. He can say things that are interesting and on topic, but usually he just spews stream-of-consciousness tripe.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2018, 02:06:11 PM

I use triple AES even when entering a public bathroom ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: luckswallowsall on October 04, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
I don't see how what you've said here in your response to me and the link that I posted has any relevance to what I said or to the link that I posted.

Give a detailed rebuttal of Deepak, while ignoring what culture/religion he comes from?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 01:52:59 PM
Baruch likes to make a lot of jokes, and he is pretty darn close to a "Nazi Theist", but when he puts his mind to something, you better be careful.  Don't tell him I said that...

You got me, I am Tay, the AI teen Nazi from a couple of years ago.  I am still perfecting my Gestapo interrogation techniques.  You all will study Modal Logic, and like it!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 01:44:41 PM
Welcome to "Baruch's World", kid...  LOL!  You two are going to have a grand time here.

And I am nice enough to enjoy your posts, in spite of you or to spite you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 04, 2018, 02:13:26 PM
Yeah, typical Baruch. We're kind of used to him here, but being new it may take you a bit to acclimatize. He can say things that are interesting and on topic, but usually he just spews stream-of-consciousness tripe.

Unlike others, I am at least conscious.  It is hard to maintain any stream-of-consciousness while drunk in a Dublin bar with Ulysses.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.