9 questions atheists can't answer about Allah/Islam - Debunked.

Started by Munch, September 26, 2018, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVIOCsJPjM

I find these 'you can't answer' videos funny when its clearly setup to be debunked.

Several of these questions were similar to one another, how did life start, how can you have morality without a god to tell you it.

I think the best part was when he said that most religions asking these questions don't themselves have an answer for the questions their asking, like how life began, they just assert they do, thinking an atheist who says 'I don't know' to a question is a weakness, when really its a strength, an opening to seeking better knowledge of something, where as the religious person pretends to know the answer to something they don't, which is a pledge of ignorance.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

What I find funny is how Christians and Muslims use the same arguments to show how their religions are obviously the correct ones. It's also pretty telling how many of these videos they keep making, no matter how many times these same questions are debunked. It's not that they don't know the answers; it's that they don't want to.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 26, 2018, 10:33:25 PM
What I find is how Christians and Muslims use the same arguments to show how their religions are obviously the correct ones. It's also pretty telling how many of these videos they keep making, no matter how many times these same questions are debunked. It's not that they don't know the answers; it's that they don't want to.

Its true they don't want to know anything else but what their piers make them believe, I think the fear of the unknown scares them more then anything, where as people not scared of such things looks for answers and keeps looking.

Draconic Aiur

What I find is how Christians and Muslims use the same arguments to show how their religions are obviously the correct ones. It's also pretty telling how many of these videos they keep making, no matter how many times these same questions are debunked. It's not that they don't know the answers; it's that they don't want to.

Their stubborn denial of Science and Logic is too op

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 26, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVIOCsJPjM

I find these 'you can't answer' videos funny when its clearly setup to be debunked.

Several of these questions were similar to one another, how did life start, how can you have morality without a god to tell you it.

I think the best part was when he said that most religions asking these questions don't themselves have an answer for the questions their asking, like how life began, they just assert they do, thinking an atheist who says 'I don't know' to a question is a weakness, when really its a strength, an opening to seeking better knowledge of something, where as the religious person pretends to know the answer to something they don't, which is a pledge of ignorance.

That was outstanding! 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Apologetics has been a major industry since Roman times.  The play book is very old.

Polemics same story.  But it doesn't change many minds, because what you do is based on your personality type.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 26, 2018, 10:41:11 PM
Its true they don't want to know anything else but what their piers make them believe, I think the fear of the unknown scares them more then anything, where as people not scared of such things looks for answers and keeps looking.

Since the news is always bad news.  I think fear is a reasonable response to the unknown.  We aren't talking about solving x^2 + b*x + c = 0.

On the other hand, fear is supposed to make you do something, not just give you an ulcer.  Our dysfunctional response to fear is a real problem.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Myself I've always looked at fear as a good thing, its a healthy thing to be scared sometimes, provided you know how to overcome it.

The best way of overcoming fear of the unknown is to look for answers to it, rather then settling on the idea there's a big scary monster out their after you. And even if you don't find answers, the pursuit of looking for answers is more adult then settling on what your imagination tells you it is, after all that's what we did as children when we heard a bump in the night, but we eventually grew out of it when our parents rationalized its just the wind blowing a tree or someone getting up to use the bathroom at night.

So you can either be the kid under the covers thinking it really is a monster outside their room, or be the kid who gets up to see what it really is.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2018, 05:29:44 AM
Sometime the bump in the night is a burglar ;-(

Least the kid discovered there are no monsters, just down and out people with a gun

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 27, 2018, 05:32:57 AM
Least the kid discovered there are no monsters, just down and out people with a gun

All fight.  All they can do is kill you.  And if they do, you won't know anything after that.

Well, you CAN hope it isn't painful.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 27, 2018, 06:52:41 AM
All fight.  All they can do is kill you.  And if they do, you won't know anything after that.

Well, you CAN hope it isn't painful.

And they call me the Grinch ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2018, 12:41:25 PM
And they call be the Grinch ;-(

You would be a lousy Grinch.  Wrong voice, wrong avatar, and wrong pet.  I can't say anything about your looks though.  Or small heart size.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 07:32:01 AM
You would be a lousy Grinch.  Wrong voice, wrong avatar, and wrong pet.  I can't say anything about your looks though.  Or small heart size.

wait.. how do you know what Baruch sounds like?

are you stalking him?

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 01, 2018, 08:19:01 AM
wait.. how do you know what Baruch sounds like?

are you stalking him?

"Voice" as in speech habits. 

Though I wouldn't mind meeting him sometime for lunch at a good Chinese restaurant someday.  And most of all of you.