News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Graphics Upgrade

Started by SGOS, September 24, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I still don't have a PlayStation 4, but I just bumped into this teaser for Red Dead Redemption II due out next month.  Red Dead is my 3rd favorite game, and  5 years later I still pull it out and use it.  I don't usually go through the whole game.  I just return to the Tall Timber to hunt Elk and Griz and take my hides to the trading post to see how much money I can accumulate.  Of course going toe to toe with the bears is still the most exciting part, but money is just a way to keep score.  Sometimes I just hang out on the wooden sidewalks and listen to people gab.  Or I might hang out by the campfire with the cow hands and their wives at MacFarlane's Ranch just after the sun goes down.  Sometimes I take a train ride from Blackwater to Armadillo, which requires a stop and a connection at the McFarlane Station.

Every time I buy a new computer or PlayStation, I'm always taken by the improvement in Graphics (which must be two years now since the PS4 came out), but it looks like the graphics in Red Dead II will not disappoint.  Much of the country is reminiscent of my old haunts in the Montana Wilderness Areas, and I keep thinking the programmers are more than technicians, but also avid outdoors types.  They really manage to nail the environments, and this sequel looks more realistic than ever.

Of course, much of the success of this game will be determined by the game play and the story, but the visuals are stunning.  Game manufacturers always say the visuals are stunning, and in some games they actually are with some more so than others.  In Red Dead, the environments are what are stunning.  At least for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

Mike Cl

What is stunning to me is that they don't make this for the PC--fucking, fucking, FUCKING. stunning!!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

GO PC, THE MASTER RACE!!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on September 24, 2018, 11:56:15 AM
GO PC, THE MASTER RACE!!

Munch, I've wanted to play that game from the day it was launched way, way back.  But I did not want to have to buy a console to play just that one game.  I do think that every game needs to be released to consoles and PC's--not one or the other.  And the reason I use Microsoft based computers and not Apple computers, is because Apple has a much, much smaller group of games to chose from.      .................................and remember, there is only ONE legit reason for either a console or PC are games!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 24, 2018, 02:26:33 PM.................................and remember, there is only ONE legit reason for either a console or PC are games!!!
LOL
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 24, 2018, 02:26:33 PM
I do think that every game needs to be released to consoles and PC's--not one or the other.  And the reason I use Microsoft based computers and not Apple computers, is because Apple has a much, much smaller group of games to chose from.      .................................and remember, there is only ONE legit reason for either a console or PC are games!!!
I would prefer PC games.  I even subscribed to PC Gamer at one time, and so far the PC is the only place realistic flight simulators have shown up. Apparently, adapting games for PlayStation to the wide array of PC hardware is not an easy thing to do.  I was looking forward to Fry Cry III, and I bought the PC version, but encountered so may glitches out of the gate that I never got to the second or third mission.  I was so turned off, I never bothered to buy the PS3 version, and Fry Cry I is my second favorite game, but it doesn't play on my next generation computer without a patch, and then it screws up other software so they don't work unless I do a system restore after I'm done playing Fry Cry.  Of course, old PS Games never play on the next generation PlayStation... EVER!  (It's a Sony marketing strategy, I suppose).

In the end, I caved and do both.  I experience a bit less bullshit with a gaming console.  I'll probably buy the PS4 specifically for Red Dead II and The Last of US II (which is my first favorite game).  That's two games, anyway, and then I'll look around and see what else is out.  When I checked on a PS4 two years ago, there wasn't one game out that interested me.  I'm sure that changes as developers play catchup, as happend with the PS3.

-Sent from my PS3 by voice activation using Yak A Talk- 
                   (I put that in for Munch).

Munch

Pc lets me do nude mods in Skyrim.

Nuff said.

SGOS

SGOS

There was also a feature film in the making based on The Last of Us I, but the project hit a wall.  Joel played by Hugh Jackman and Ellie played by Ellen Page.  The likeness between Ellen Page and Ellie in the game is uncanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giW-5nlJ-UE

Unfortunately, the movie has hit a wall over a rights issue and it may never be made.

Munch

Oooh Hugh Jackman :3

Oh, Sony.. :S

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on September 24, 2018, 03:18:16 PM
I would prefer PC games.  I even subscribed to PC Gamer at one time, and so far the PC is the only place realistic flight simulators have shown up. Apparently, adapting games for PlayStation to the wide array of PC hardware is not an easy thing to do.  I was looking forward to Fry Cry III, and I bought the PC version, but encountered so may glitches out of the gate that I never got to the second or third mission.  I was so turned off, I never bothered to buy the PS3 version, and Fry Cry I is my second favorite game, but it doesn't play on my next generation computer without a patch, and then it screws up other software so they don't work unless I do a system restore after I'm done playing Fry Cry.  Of course, old PS Games never play on the next generation PlayStation... EVER!  (It's a Sony marketing strategy, I suppose).

In the end, I caved and do both.  I experience a bit less bullshit with a gaming console.  I'll probably buy the PS4 specifically for Red Dead II and The Last of US II (which is my first favorite game).  That's two games, anyway, and then I'll look around and see what else is out.  When I checked on a PS4 two years ago, there wasn't one game out that interested me.  I'm sure that changes as developers play catchup, as happend with the PS3.

-Sent from my PS3 by voice activation using Yak A Talk- 
                   (I put that in for Munch).
Once upon a time in a land far far away..............well, not far away..............I owned a PS.  I soon became tired of Sonic and the one adventure game I could find was not all that engaging.  I like   RPG's and find the PC delivers better graphics and more options.  Hence, I stay with a PC.  Not that it matters much, I find my fav is FO4 (all the FO's really) and Skyrim.