No Prison Sentence for Kidnapping, Strangling, Masturbating on Woman

Started by Shiranu, September 23, 2018, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2018, 06:27:13 PM
Yeah, but it's completely out of left field and I don't see how it's relevant to the story at hand.

is it? Its a thread about rape and injustice, I just added a contrast to the one Shiranu started.

What else can be said, what happened was horrible, but might as well expand the thread with similar stories related to the subject.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 24, 2018, 06:27:13 PM
Yeah, but it's completely out of left field and I don't see how it's relevant to the story at hand.

Only Women Matter!  Fuck The Men! ... common slogans around here ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on September 24, 2018, 07:11:18 PM
In US view, it only takes 72 hours in a US jail before you become Bubba's girlfriend.  Yes, underreport that too.
Too many people believe what they see in the movies. Believe me, it doesn't happen that way nearly as much as the Hollywood hype would suggest.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 24, 2018, 07:15:32 PM
Too many people believe what they see in the movies. Believe me, it doesn't happen that way nearly as much as the Hollywood hype would suggest.

Ah ... but I haven't tried jail yet.  Have you?  Do a little research ...

Yes, just watching SGOS favorite video game ... lesbian psycho killers ... so much more civilized than the straight male kind.

You are what you enjoy watching.  Humans are so nice, so tame ... not!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I've been in jail many times, and prison four times. In all that, I only got in one fight (over a chess game that the guy couldn't stand losing) and I never had a "Bubba" to contend with. And neither did anyone else I knew inside.

But then, I was always a level one, the lowest classification in California.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 24, 2018, 07:41:02 PM
I've been in jail many times, and prison four times. In all that, I only got in one fight (over a chess game that the guy couldn't stand losing) and I never had a "Bubba" to contend with. And neither did anyone else I knew inside.

But then, I was always a level one, the lowest classification in California.

TMI ... but I once knew a young guy online, who was a gang enforcer.  Torturer and murderer basically.  Not a bad guy.  I am glad you could protect yourself.  I don't judge, contrary to other people's opinion of me.  Well Nazis and Stalinists ... are an exception.  Genocide just goes past my tolerance.

On Christian radio this morning, getting up, a Hispanic preacher told his early life story.  Drunken violent dad.  And he became just like him.  Well there is always hope that tomorrow may be better, for both you and the people around you.  Not much, but some.

Some people start low, and keep going down, until they hit bottom.  There they either die, or decide to climb back up.  I do wish people could avoid all the shit this life hands out.  But short of that, I hope they can die well, or manage to grab onto whatever opportunities come along to improve their lot.  Plain vanilla.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Munch on September 24, 2018, 07:11:36 PM
is it? Its a thread about rape and injustice, I just added a contrast to the one Shiranu started.

What else can be said, what happened was horrible, but might as well expand the thread with similar stories related to the subject.
Contrast?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Munch

Quote from: Poison Tree on September 24, 2018, 08:52:34 PM
Contrast?

women report they have been raped, its taken very seriously (as it should), sometimes even so seriously, to the point you have cases of women lying about being raped to get men arrested. Women are also not as afraid to come forward to tell.

men being raped, while appearing to not be as often a case, don't come forward as often out of fear, and even when they do, theres a chance they won't be taken seriously, further adding to a stigma about men reporting it.

compare and contrast.

Shiranu

This one is a touchy subject for me, because I am very well aware of how sexual assault impacts a boy/man's life and how taboo it is for a male to admit he has been sexually abused, but I also am not comfortable with people using that as a way to get a leg-up on the "opponent", which is what it so often devolves into.

There is no need to contrast male vs female sexual violence... they are not two opposing sides. In an ideal world, they would be one in the same thing, but we don't live in an ideal world.

All beef aside, I promise I am not accusing you of doing this Munch, but time and time again I have seen men use sexual assault against men as an excuse to basically stick it to women and try to play down (or discredit/silence) violence against women... and my gut reaction from seeing it so much has to become very defensive because of that.

I shared this story because it is fucked up... I don't think this story should "appeal" to either left or right, it's something all shades of the political spectrum should both be disgusted by and look at and say, "Yeah, something about that needs to change because this is institutionalized acceptance of rape". It's something that we see happen time and time again where the rapist walks off scott free, or with a slap on the wrist, and that should never be an "us vs them" issue, yet it somehow has become one between left and right, men and women.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I agreed totally, this is something we both agree on. Its a horrible crime regardless of genders, there are statistics of how it effects sides but end of the day its a horrible thing to happen to anyone. As someone whos got a positive outlook on sex, rape is something that takes away any good from it, poisons the well, and damages people in the long run.

I remember years ago when the american adaptation of queer as folk aired, one story in that was how one of the main cast was tripping out on something, might have been meth, and several men he didn't know had sex with him without consent. I remember it was the first time I was introduced to the concept of male on male rape and it struck a nerve even to this day.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 24, 2018, 09:15:31 PM
I agreed totally, this is something we both agree on. Its a horrible crime regardless of genders, there are statistics of how it effects sides but end of the day its a horrible thing to happen to anyone. As someone whos got a positive outlook on sex, rape is something that takes away any good from it, poisons the well, and damages people in the long run.

I remember years ago when the american adaptation of queer as folk aired, one story in that was how one of the main cast was tripping out on something, might have been meth, and several men he didn't know had sex with him without consent. I remember it was the first time I was introduced to the concept of male on male rape and it struck a nerve even to this day.

Are you competing against Shiranu's straw-woman in victimhood?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on September 24, 2018, 10:55:02 PM
Are you competing against Shiranu's straw-woman in victimhood?

Nope, merely giving examples since rape is an issue for all genders

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on September 25, 2018, 04:07:37 AM
Nope, merely giving examples since rape is an issue for all genders

Gobsmacked!  Who knew the obvious?  Not liberals.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Neither is tolerable under any situations.  The least defense of unwilling sexual contact is wrong and punishible.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 27, 2018, 12:24:03 AM
Neither is tolerable under any situations.  The least defense of unwilling sexual contact is wrong and punishible.

Good, your mother touched you as an infant ... arrest her now!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.