News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Greater Insult

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, September 21, 2018, 07:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Somehow I got unsubscribed from DarkMatter2525's channel and missed this, but it is a damn good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw&t=629s
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Unbeliever

I've seen that, it pretty good!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

My experience is ... G-d is rather monstrous.  And because of this life, not any afterlife.

The evidence for G-d's character isn't just to be found in nature, but in human behavior.  Not an ideal situation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

god is monstrous, because he's a creation of human imagination, thrown together in an abstract way of having many people reinterpreting what the guy before them thought up, making him not just a monster that's the product of human flaws, but one so out of sync, the only way they could justify the mess of such a character was to say 'god moves in mysterious ways'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

I love DarkMatter's videos. Contrary to what this character in white says, though, he's not actually God. It's kinda complicated, but this is how I understand it. This is part of a series of his where people are placed in simulations where they are gods, to test their moral fiber. Yahweh was a man who was placed in one such simulation, and he failed with flying colors. But he somehow managed to hack the computers, take control of the robots, and take over the real world. The man in white in this video is Jeffrey, one of the scientists who was responsible for running the simulations. Unlike the others, he sees the simulated beings as human, and he essentially tests them to see if he should save their data and bring them into the real world.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 21, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
Somehow I got unsubscribed from DarkMatter2525's channel and missed this, but it is a damn good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttevamkS6gw&t=629s

Outstanding, except for the god part the god part.

I understand the intent.  And the production was wonderful.  But it is still a religious piece of claptrap.

It was god simply choosing among humans.  YAWN...  I won't send that to my religious friends or my atheist friends.  "Atheist meets god and is accepted"?  Get real.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 06:19:26 AM
Outstanding, except for the god part the god part.

I understand the intent.  And the production was wonderful.  But it is still a religious piece of claptrap.

It was god simply choosing among humans.  YAWN...  I won't send that to my religious friends or my atheist friends.  "Atheist meets god and is accepted"?  Get real.
As Blackleaf said, this isn’t actually God speaking to these people. DarkMatter2525 has an ongoing “canon” that his more serious videos are set in, of which this video is a side story. This God is actually Jeffrey, who is sort of an author-avatar throughout the series.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 23, 2018, 11:00:09 AM
As Blackleaf said, this isn’t actually God speaking to these people. DarkMatter2525 has an ongoing “canon” that his more serious videos are set in, of which this video is a side story. This God is actually Jeffrey, who is sort of an author-avatar throughout the series.

Well, I sure can't doubt Jeffrey, after all.  Seems real.  The video didn't come from "nowhere".  ;)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 11:23:39 AM
Well, I sure can't doubt Jeffrey, after all.  Seems real.  The video didn't come from "nowhere".  ;)

Yes it did.  Everything came from no-when and no-where at the Big Bang.  Including all videos.  It took billions of years of randomness, to make that video ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

The next part of the series went up today. One shouldn't watch it before the ones that come before it, though. While many of the videos of the series work as self-contained videos, this one does advance the main plot. Also, I noticed a few videos missing from the playlist, including the one that shows where Adam came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7maEPOOqU
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

So Book of Job meets Star Wars Trade Federation?  Where is Jar Jar Binks?

Those flying craft have no wings, in an atmosphere?  Think the thing is a simulation within a simulation.  VR gone bad.

The originals were better.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2018, 02:46:17 AM
So Book of Job meets Star Wars Trade Federation?  Where is Jar Jar Binks?

Those flying craft have no wings, in an atmosphere?  Think the thing is a simulation within a simulation.  VR gone bad.

The originals were better.

Np sense in the first.  Very accurate in the second.  Agree on the third...