News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Anne Hathaway beautifully explains

Started by pr126, September 20, 2018, 12:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Watch Anne Hathaway beautifully explain the levels of privilege in American society, and how we can move toward equality for all.

I am welling up.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1042227525278199808

And the comment on this from Gad Saad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5IW1p5RFLE

Munch

She uses orbit, is she saying whiteness and straightness is so fat it creates gravity?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Really good speech by her, and absolutely true in our culture.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 20, 2018, 03:34:51 AM
Really good speech by her, and absolutely true in our culture.

It's a script thought up to appeal to the sjw crowds. She's simply saying what you want to hear, for shallow reasons.

How do I know? Because being told about 'mah privilege' by a rich white woman who has all the money to afford several houses yet gives up none of it for the poor she claims to support is enough to make me see her for the virtue signally blowhard she is.

Shiranu

QuoteHow do I know? Because being told about 'mah privilege' by a rich white woman who has all the money to afford several houses yet gives up none of it for the poor she claims to support is enough to make me see her for the virtue signally blowhard she is.

Considering she has been involved with 17 different charity organizations, involved in 24 different causes, serves as one of the UN Women Goodwill Ambassadors and (in literally all of 10 seconds of googling) learned that on her marriage day donated $500,000 to LGBT rights campaigns (as well as has donated multiple other times), and received an award from the HRC for her efforts in bringing attention to the cause...

Yeah, you right. She doesn't give up anything for the people she supports.

I didn't ask how you know, but now I want to ask how you "know" she doesn't spend any time or money on charity, since this was information that took me all of a minute to find. You apparently know her much better than I do, so maybe you are privy to some information I don't have.

Unless it's confidential, in which case I completely understand why you would pretend to not know about it.

I'm sure that is probably the case though, there is no way you would be a partisan hack who thinks anyone who disagrees with him shouldn't even have a right to a word because they are all evil hacks who hate you...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

It is highly likely that she is reading a script written by someone else.

The crowd is ecstatic. So much wisdom. Utopia is just around the corner.
If we only could get rid of white cisgender males everything will be fine.

Who needs them?

Baruch

Beautiful woman.  So was Delilah.  Beware of Hollywood, their business is to sell fantasy.

Frankly I liked Tomorrowland better than this.  It had grit, it wasn't all Santa Claus.

If you lie, tell big lies, over and over ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HZNpKPbzLA

This time The Resistance is Germanic (English speaking) fascists, not French communists.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 20, 2018, 04:15:57 AM
Considering she has been involved with 17 different charity organizations, involved in 24 different causes, serves as one of the UN Women Goodwill Ambassadors and (in literally all of 10 seconds of googling) learned that on her marriage day donated $500,000 to LGBT rights campaigns (as well as has donated multiple other times), and received an award from the HRC for her efforts in bringing attention to the cause...

Yeah, you right. She doesn't give up anything for the people she supports.

So. Fucking. What. none of that gives her the right to proselytize to others her virtue signalling. You know the royal family helps with charities, like william and harry, but they don't get on stage and talk about how their so privileged and anyone whos the same skin color as them should be doing the same.

QuoteI didn't ask how you know, but now I want to ask how you "know" she doesn't spend any time or money on charity, since this was information that took me all of a minute to find. You apparently know her much better than I do, so maybe you are privy to some information I don't have.

I know people like her. Celebrities like her, benedict cumberbatch, Lily Allen, Bob geldof, all celebrity blowhards who preach to others about doing things for the poor and needy, how everyone has to give up space and housing for the poor, for migrants, for the children, and they go off and buy several mansions and estates without giving up any space for these people they want the average joe to give up space for.

https://houseandhome.com/gallery/see-anne-hathaways-charming-connecticut-farmhouse/
https://hookedonhouses.net/2017/12/01/anne-hathaway-colonial-connecticut/
https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/anne-hathaways-new-home-new-york-city-apartment

Yes, lets have every average joe give up space while she owns multiple properties because we soooo privileged, but only because we're white!

QuoteI'm sure that is probably the case though, there is no way you would be a partisan hack who thinks anyone who disagrees with him shouldn't even have a right to a word because they are all evil hacks who hate you...

always funny when your trying to throw back your own vices onto others.

I hold nothing against celebrities who are rich and use their money to help others while living it up with their money they make. What Pisses me off is having these kind of celebrities having the gall to tell others how they should conduct themselves, how they virtue signal on stage. "White, cis, straight people are sooo privileged, only minorities are poor and need your help!" Get Fucked.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to see the irony in this, you lap up this kind of virtue signalling since it plays into your ideology. All cis white straight men are bad and need to be culled.

Baruch

Remember all conservatives, all white males (not just cis) ... are mentally disturbed.

A French court just sentenced Marine Le Pen, a French conservative leader, to a mental health evaluation, because she is anti-Islamic.  Refusal involves fines and prison.  This is an old Joseph Stalin method.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Don't be jealous, we can all become young beautiful millionaires if we weren't deplorables ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

Baruch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on September 20, 2018, 07:19:35 PM
This girl resembles very much my ex.

Wow!  Sorry for you now, not sorry for you then.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteSo. Fucking. What. none of that gives her the right to proselytize to others her virtue signalling.

You do realise that was a speech at an event for people who share her ideology, right?

Like, it's not like she knocked on your door and starting tell you, "Have you heard the holy word of virtual signaling!?" and slammed a Cultural Marxist Bible in your face. You are literally going out of your way to watch her, or read her message, then complaining that you are forced to hear her message.

It's one thing to disagree with her message (I still find that odd, but at least it makes sense), but it's an entirely different thing to act like the fact that she said something you disagree with means she is shoving it in your face when you are the one searching it out.

QuoteI know people like her. Celebrities like her, benedict cumberbatch, Lily Allen, Bob geldof, all celebrity blowhards who preach to others about doing things for the poor and needy, how everyone has to give up space and housing for the poor, for migrants, for the children, and they go off and buy several mansions and estates without giving up any space for these people they want the average joe to give up space for.

1. So first they don't donate enough money, and then once they are proven to have done so you shift the goal posts to something much more nebulous that you wouldn't do in a heartbeat yourself.

2. It really sounds like you hate the rich. I thought that was suppose to be my thing.

Quotealways funny when your trying to throw back your own vices onto others.

Not others darling, just you.

You think anyone who doesn't live up to your standards should just shut up, even if those are standards you yourself don't live up to.
You accuse everyone else of being partisan, but even when I and other "leftists" on the forum agree with you, you throw insults and continue to insist we are wrong.
You talk about how we hate "white, cis men" because we admit there are flaws in society and want to fix them, yet it is you who  seems to hates "whiteness" and "manlyness" since you are so opposed to any criticism of legitimate issues in those cultures. If you care about something you don't tell people to shut up and that they are idiots because they pointed out a flaw in it, you fucking fix the flaws.
You insist it's us who hate the rich as well, and yet you literally just argued that rich people shouldn't have the right to point out issues because they are rich and don't deal with it themselves.
You call everyone else a snowflake, but you literally threw a temper tantrum because a comic book character was black, because a woman temporary filled Thor's place. And not just a temper tantrum, but a, "Bury me at sea because I don't want my body to be where they hate us white people!" type of tantrum.

QuoteOf course I wouldn't expect you to see the irony in this, you lap up this kind of virtue signalling since it plays into your ideology. All cis white straight men are bad and need to be culled.

If that's actually what you got out of her speech, you are by far the most insecure little man child I have ever met.

pr126

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteNot others darling, just you.
And me, sweetheart. How could you forget me?