News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Football

Started by ferdmonger, September 19, 2018, 07:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferdmonger

The Minnesota Vikings just cut their 5th round draft pick, kicker Dan Carlson.

Kid has a huge leg, but missed three field goals - two in overtime.

Kicking the NFL must require a special mindset.

A mindset I do not possess.  (Oh, and a leg I do not possess.)

Baruch

Quote from: ferdmonger on September 19, 2018, 07:57:28 PM
The Minnesota Vikings just cut their 5th round draft pick, kicker Dan Carlson.

Kid has a huge leg, but missed three field goals - two in overtime.

Kicking the NFL must require a special mindset.

A mindset I do not possess.  (Oh, and a leg I do not possess.)

Yeah, kicking a ball while big guys on the opposing team are bearing down on you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

ferdmonger

This kid will get picked up by another team and make 13 field goals in a row.  Why not?

Cavebear

NFL kickers are odd ducks.  The team owners hate them because they are inconsistent.  The players hate them because they aren't "contact guys" (unless they score the winning point, then they are loved).  Kickers don't kick like you and I do.  It is a weird strength activity.  Most of us kick from the knees.  NFL kickers go from the hip.  And then there are the soccer kickers... 

I remember a joke from the 70s Washington Redskins team about a typical series of play:  White guy runs right, black guy runs left, white guy runs right.  Moseley kicks field goal... The Redskins often won on field goals, LOL!

Moseley was with the Washington team 1974-1986.  He remains their all-time leading scorer with 1,207 points.  In his career, Moseley was successful on 300 out of 457 field goal attempts (65%), successful on 482 out of 512 extra points attempts (94%) and scored a total of 1,382 points.

Never underestimate a good kicker!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!