13,000 Immigrant Children Detained in U.S.

Started by Shiranu, September 18, 2018, 08:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2018, 01:51:49 PM
I was trying to be "non explicit".  Yes, bosses can be dicks.  Even women bosses.

Of several female bosses I had, I can assure you that none were "dicks".  Though most of my male bosses stepped on theirs. The woman bosses were entirely reasonable at all times.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
Of several female bosses I had, I can assure you that none were "dicks".  Though most of my male bosses stepped on theirs. The woman bosses were entirely reasonable at all times.

I have also had no problems with female bosses ... though I never had any directly in charge of me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 23, 2018, 02:12:38 PM
I have also had no problems with female bosses ... though I never had any directly in charge of me.

You should have tried it sometime.  An order is a "request".

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 23, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

I can say I've had good and bad female bosses, and male ones.

two jobs back, it was the manageress who was rotten to the core, while the manager and owner was a nice guy, tough but fair. Mr previous job went though many different managers and bosses, the 2 female manageresses were okay, not perfect but nice enough, while the manager was a complete asshole and bully. All three of them quit while I worked there and some district managers came and went, but the worst one was the staff manager who stuck around since the beginning, and she was a tyrant to staff, shouting at them, even on the shop floor, a genuinely miserable bitch.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 23, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
I can say I've had good and bad female bosses, and male ones.

two jobs back, it was the manageress who was rotten to the core, while the manager and owner was a nice guy, tough but fair. Mr previous job went though many different managers and bosses, the 2 female manageresses were okay, not perfect but nice enough, while the manager was a complete asshole and bully. All three of them quit while I worked there and some district managers came and went, but the worst one was the staff manager who stuck around since the beginning, and she was a tyrant to staff, shouting at them, even on the shop floor, a genuinely miserable bitch.

No "yeller" is ever a good boss.  And I suspect I shut out of my mind the boss I had for 2 years until we both retired at the same time.  She WAS a rather a complete lunatic.  I suppose it was just that I was immune to her.  She made her own office bigger than the one where the 4 of us others worked AND put a conference table in our place AND her office was a complete pig sty. 

I ALMOST stayed after her to take her job and make life decent for the others (it was offerred), but then after retirement was possible, I would have been essentially working for half pay in an office I disliked.  MY voice telecomunications function was totally outside the other office functions. 

Apparently, I pissed some bigwig off (the CFO, I suspect) just before a reorganization.  So retiring was really really attractive.