Do psychotropic drugs enhance, or diminish, human agency?

Started by GSOgymrat, September 17, 2018, 04:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 09:16:13 AM
I would have to know what "soy boy" means.  I  tried grass, hash, and those mild "white cross speeds" in college in the safety of the dorm.  And it WAS the first true "co-ed" dorm at Univ of MD, so there were women around too.  But that was the safest place they could be.

I wouldn't say the same for the frat houses (which we all despised).

Men who eat soy bean products and drink soy milk (phytoestrogens) became natural male feminists if not post-op trans-sexed.  Aka ... a hen party is for real women.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2018, 12:45:53 PM
Men who eat soy bean products and drink soy milk (phytoestrogens) became natural male feminists if not post-op trans-sexed.  Aka ... a hen party is for real women.

"Meat, good.  Veggies bad", die young.

I eat all foods and none are tofu of fake meat".  Think of hunter-gather real meats and more real veggies.  Dinner last night was a chicken thigh, large tossed salad, broccoli, and a beet.  Lunch was a half a ham sandwich with green tea, milk, and a plate of celery/carrots/cucumber and radish.  After dinner, I has a bowl of assorted fresh fruits.  And one chocolate truffle...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 12:54:10 PM
"Meat, good.  Veggies bad", die young.

I eat all foods and none are tofu of fake meat".  Think of hunter-gather real meats and more real veggies.  Dinner last night was a chicken thigh, large tossed salad, broccoli, and a beet.  Lunch was a half a ham sandwich with green tea, milk, and a plate of celery/carrots/cucumber and radish.  After dinner, I has a bowl of assorted fresh fruits.  And one chocolate truffle...

I said ... parties you went to ... not that you sampled the canapes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2018, 12:56:27 PM
I said ... parties you went to ... not that you sampled the canapes.

Well, the party food depends on the hosts.  Most parties, I don't trust the hosts to not leave the mayonaise out all day.  At my parties, (oh wait, I don't throw parties)...

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
It is hard to explain. 
Students were rebelling against establishment... again.  Frats were out.  Communes were in.  Although to be honest, I didn't know but a few people who lived in communes.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on October 01, 2018, 01:38:29 PM
Students were rebelling against establishment... again.  Frats were out.  Communes were in.  Although to be honest, I didn't know but a few people who lived in communes.

Yeah, we were awful.  The elders said...

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for
authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer
rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents,
chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their
legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

Aristotle

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 01, 2018, 01:38:29 PM

I only knew one commune person, earlier.  My eldest god sister.  She revolted against her conservative parents/conformist younger god sister.  I didn't revolt against my conservative parents, and I was a conformist.  Our parents predicted I would marry the youngest one ... but didn't happen.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2018, 07:39:12 PM
I only knew one commune person, earlier.  My eldest god sister.  She revolted against her conservative parents/conformist younger god sister.  I didn't revolt against my conservative parents, and I was a conformist.  Our parents predicted I would marry the youngest one ... but didn't happen.

Women are never attracted to men they grow up around.  Ever read about the undershirt experiment?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 05:14:51 AM
Women are never attracted to men they grow up around.  Ever read about the undershirt experiment?

The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.  This is why people cheat on their spouses too.  Optimization.

Also a law of prophets (mentioned by Jesus) and of consultants (the more distant a consultant comes from the greater his mystique).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2018, 07:06:10 AM
The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.  This is why people cheat on their spouses too.  Optimization.

Also a law of prophets (mentioned by Jesus) and of consultants (the more distant a consultant comes from the greater his mystique).

I would have thought you would look up the undershirt experiment.  But you like to reply so fast there isn't usually any real thought involved.

I prefer to take some time and think and research.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2018, 07:17:10 AM
I would have thought you would look up the undershirt experiment.  But you like to reply so fast there isn't usually any real thought involved.

I prefer to take some time and think and research.

Oh, I read that as ... wet t-shirt experiment ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

luckswallowsall

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2018, 07:30:16 PM
Yes, but only under doctor's orders.

But taking acid can make you into a Hindu guru ... Ram Dass.  So watch out, our terrestrial and immanent views might be replaced by celestial and transcendent ones.

I don't see how what you've said here in your response to me and the link that I posted has any relevance to what I said or to the link that I posted.

Cavebear

Quote from: luckswallowsall on October 04, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
I don't see how what you've said here in your response to me and the link that I posted has any relevance to what I said or to the link that I posted.

Welcome to "Baruch's World", kid...  LOL!  You two are going to have a grand time here.

Hydra009

Quote from: luckswallowsall on October 04, 2018, 10:42:22 AM
You and everyone else who engages him.