News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Black Superman..

Started by Munch, September 17, 2018, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
No.  I have slightly more hair.  On the other hand, I am, apparently, smarter.  I don't make criminal plans that have attracted his (her) attention.  Yet.  The secret of being a criminal mastermind is that no one knows you are.  We serious masterminds play in the "unknown unknowns"...

So you are a Rothschild then? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cavebear on September 19, 2018, 09:37:31 AM
Superman is not an American icon.  He is an alien icon and sent here for HIS (her) benefit.  And he isn't a beacon "of what we can be".  He is an icon of what HE (she) can be.  The S is the symbol of "Hope".  His (her) hope of survival beyond the death of HIS (her) planet.

Just a thought...

Superman is a man not a "her".  Superhuman can only be white. Yes I'm a little racist. Other than that cultural appropriation is shit.

Draconic Aiur

Am I more racist to want historically accurate movies and TV shows? PC culture thinks so.

Shiranu

QuoteSuperhuman can only be white.

That is perhaps the dumbest thing I have read on here, and this is a forum that is visited by Christian trolls and Pr.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 19, 2018, 08:07:07 PM
That is perhaps the dumbest thing I have read on here, and this is a forum that is visited by Christian trolls and Pr.

Storm from the x-men can only be black
Luke cage can only be black
Falcon can only be black
Blade can only be black
Sunfire can only be japanese
Jubilee can only be chinese-american
Katana can only be japanese

How would you feel if any of these characters were made white?
Would it piss you off, claiming its removing a core aspect of their character, even if they keep the same personality?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2018, 08:20:33 PM
Storm from the x-men can only be black
Luke cage can only be black
Falcon can only be black
Blade can only be black
Sunfire can only be japanese
Jubilee can only be chinese-american
Katana can only be japanese

How would you feel if any of these characters were made white?
Would it piss you off, claiming its removing a core aspect of their character, even if they keep the same personality?

Firstly, thanks for proving him wrong for me.

Several of them I would be indifferent about. Katana and Luke Cage would be problematic, but as for the rest it... yeah, again, it would be something I would be largely indifferent about because their culture is not a key component of their character. Sunfire would also be weird, since his power comes from the bombing of Hiroshima... not too many white people there at the time.

Surprised you didn't use Black Panther, because that is one you coulda had a, "GOTCHYA!" moment on me because that one I would unequivocally be opposed to having him portrayed as white.

QuoteWould it piss you off...

Not really, no. I try not to let comic book characters being changed fundamentally shatter my world view...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

And yet there you are, getting pissed off at Draconic Aiur, since he hit a nerve to dare suggest superman, a character who's been one ethnicity since his creation, remain that way.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on September 19, 2018, 07:40:30 PM
Superman is a man not a "her".  Superhuman can only be white. Yes I'm a little racist. Other than that cultural appropriation is shit.

Non-canon Black Superman was ... Barak Obama.  My do people miss him!  Maybe they can portray a young Hillary as Batgirl ;-)  She certainly is batty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Munch on September 19, 2018, 08:39:36 PM
And yet there you are, getting pissed off at Draconic Aiur, since he hit a nerve to dare suggest superman, a character who's been one ethnicity since his creation, remain that way.
Superman is Kryptonian. What that means in terms of his skin color, that's up in the air and not in any way fixed. Superman is not any earthly ethnicity at all â€" not white, not black, and not asian as we understand these terms. He's not even a human â€" not Homo sapiens, not even Mammalia, Amniota, Chordata or even Eukaryota. In fact, he's not even in the Earthly tree of life at all, even if he does resemble a particular species on it very closely.

As I said before, Superman is DC's to change or keep the same. I'm all for keeping Superman the same unless they plan to do something interesting with the change.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

GrinningYMIR

Ah this point they wouldn’t be doin it based on an actor but in order to say “look at us we’re prgressive and diverse give us more money!”
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Shiranu on September 19, 2018, 08:07:07 PM

See look PC member thinks Im dumb so therefor I win!

pr126

Guys, Superman does not exist. It is not real. It is a fiction. Get a grip.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on September 19, 2018, 09:44:44 PM
Superman is Kryptonian. What that means in terms of his skin color, that's up in the air and not in any way fixed. Superman is not any earthly ethnicity at all â€" not white, not black, and not asian as we understand these terms. He's not even a human â€" not Homo sapiens, not even Mammalia, Amniota, Chordata or even Eukaryota. In fact, he's not even in the Earthly tree of life at all, even if he does resemble a particular species on it very closely.

As I said before, Superman is DC's to change or keep the same. I'm all for keeping Superman the same unless they plan to do something interesting with the change.

And yet the comics depict him being closer to Caucasian then anything. Could be I don't know the author's vision. I don't know about you but Marvel's Jack Kirby was Jewish and thy mad Captain America a Nazi out of spit because he was a whit male "American patriot" and whit or Jewish people cant be people, cant they in our shitty PC world.

Now Yes, cultural appropriation is shit and promotes racism, but it shows that people want their historical and historical fiction characters to be displayed as they were before all this white washing began.

Their are actors that don't fit the criteria like a black Gwnavere in the TV show Merlin but even though its displayed as equality of cast it's still goes against history and I have seen people shit on mythologies and fiction saying their fiction so we can do whatever we want.

But its the culture presentation of the characters portrayed on the tv and big screen that matters not that you want to cosplay as batman vn though you might b Asian.

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on September 20, 2018, 01:13:14 AM
Guys, Superman does not exist. It is not real. It is a fiction. Get a grip.
Just like god, eh?? Or Jesus?? Of course.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?