News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

APOCALYPSE COW!

Started by Unbeliever, September 11, 2018, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

What can I say, I'm a lackadaisical kind of guy.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 12, 2018, 02:37:30 PM
What can I say, I'm a lackadaisical kind of guy.

I once read that watching Siefeld (never watched it myself ever) was like having a room with a view of a wall.  Nothing quite there.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mermaid

This is the best thread title ever.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Unbeliever

Yeah, but I stole it from the article, so I can't take credit.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on September 12, 2018, 03:55:52 AM
Not to make light of color, but I recall reading a personal account from someone.  She and her sister were arguing whether a particular dress was "apricot" or "salmon".  Their brother walked in and said it was "cantaloupe".  He worked at a paint store.

My bedroom is "aztec rouge", my computer room is "blueberry mist", my living room is "hunter green".  My TV room is "some dark red".  You can't know them all, LOL!
My B-I-L bought some paint for his livingroom, a color called "Taurus Tan". I immediately dubbed it "Bullshit Brown". But not outloud.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 13, 2018, 06:53:27 AM
My B-I-L bought some paint for his livingroom, a color called "Taurus Tan". I immediately dubbed it "Bullshit Brown". But not outloud.

I'll bet the polite term was "chocolate", but I get your point.  There ARE some colors no one but the most dedicated artist should ever use in the house.  I doubt any color that can be described biologically works in a house.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 12, 2018, 03:55:52 AM
Not to make light of color, but I recall reading a personal account from someone.  She and her sister were arguing whether a particular dress was "apricot" or "salmon".  Their brother walked in and said it was "cantaloupe".  He worked at a paint store.

My bedroom is "aztec rouge", my computer room is "blueberry mist", my living room is "hunter green".  My TV room is "some dark red".  You can't know them all, LOL!

Wait, you mean additional caves right?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on September 15, 2018, 05:11:57 AM
Wait, you mean additional caves right?

I call them "dens", but I usually refer to them as "rooms" for the convenience of others to understand. 

Mike Cl

Unbeliever, I seem to recall a big deal made about an albino bison calf born in the Datoka's and I think it had to do with the Sioux end times--or something.  That would be an apocalypse cow--right?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
Unbeliever, I seem to recall a big deal made about an albino bison calf born in the Datoka's and I think it had to do with the Sioux end times--or something.  That would be an apocalypse cow--right?

Are you misappropriating another culture?  Ghost Dance perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
Are you misappropriating another culture?  Ghost Dance perhaps?
I don't know, am I???  I was remarking on a 'remembrance' not making a statement.  So, enlighten me.....................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:27:53 AM
I don't know, am I???  I was remarking on a 'remembrance' not making a statement.  So, enlighten me.....................

Apparently not.  You were remarking on the new albino calf.  And I misremembered something from Native American history.  To correct ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wovoka
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2018, 11:35:54 AM
Apparently not.  You were remarking on the new albino calf.  And I misremembered something from Native American history.  To correct ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wovoka
I am familiar with the Ghost Dance.  I don't remember what group actually was all excited about that albino calf--it was very cute, tho--and why it was supposed to be so important.   

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:39:33 AM
I am familiar with the Ghost Dance.  I don't remember what group actually was all excited about that albino calf--it was very cute, tho--and why it was supposed to be so important.

The original prophet of the Ghost Dance, didn't support the deviant ways it developed.  I would have to research further ... but I am pretty sure it had to do with an albino buffalo calf ... the harbinger of the return of the buffalo, recently exterminated by the Whites.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 03, 2018, 11:23:09 AM
Holy cow, Mike, I think you've got it!
God Not Found