College Course: Heterosexuality Is Not “Natural”

Started by pr126, September 11, 2018, 04:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

College Course: Heterosexuality Is Not “Natural”

QuoteThis course will address the interdisciplinary constellation of practices that aim, in different ways, to disrupt prevailing heterosexist discursive and institutional articulations of sexuality and nature…

QuoteDavis explained that queer ecologies is an “interdisciplinary field that examines the relationship between sexuality and nature, thinking beyond the boundaries of assuming that heterosexuality is the norm or standard.”

QuoteThe field “inquires into the sexual lives of animals, plants, and bacteriaâ€"lives that are often much more strange, adaptable, and queer than anything humans do,” she elaborated. “It also seeks to critique how heterosexuality is presumed as natural.”

QuoteOne example of this, Davis asserted, is how scientists often characterize plants using gender-specific language.
“We still tend to characterize plants that reproduce sexually in heterosexual terms where a male and female plant need to transfer gametes. Although this understanding of plant reproduction is not un-true, it misses the point that in order for these plants to fertilize they also rely on other species, such as bees and wasps,” she argued.

Looks like a true Marxist ideology.

Some more from the same stable:

Trans Lecturer Smeared Academics to Silence Critics with ‘Hate Crime’ Claims

QuoteStaff at Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Sussex, and Reading universities were among those deemed “unsafe” for employing people who question gender ideology, with members of the social media circle encouraging hate crime allegations against them.

The philosophy department of the University of Sussex was “clearly an unsafe environment”, they claimed, because of Kathleen Stock, a professor who has argued against the idea biological men can be lesbians.

“File a hate crime report against her, and then the chairman and vice-chair,” advised one member of the group. “Drag them over the f***ing coals.”

Rosa Freedman, a professor of law, conflict and global development, at the University of Reading, was attacked for saying “biological males” should not have access to women’s refuges.

One activist boasted she had reported the professor for “hate speech” several times and another called for them to imply the University “supports staff who use hate speech against students”.

Creating a wonderful utopia.   

Baruch

Either everything is natural, by definition ...

Or everything people do is un-natural, but anything else is natural.

See, this is what happens when you let anarchists touch your dictionaries ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: pr126 on September 11, 2018, 06:49:57 AM
Indoctrination.

That would mean religion, brexit, WWII nazism, collonialism, the space race, the war on drugs, recycling and anti-marxist propaganda are Marxist.

I mean, I get that you have beef with some things. And I think you could adress some good points. But by labelling everything as marxist, you just make it that marxist doesn't mean anything.

pr126

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 11, 2018, 07:03:37 AM
That would mean religion, brexit, WWII nazism, collonialism, the space race, the war on drugs, recycling and anti-marxist propaganda are Marxist.

I mean, I get that you have beef with some things. And I think you could adress some good points. But by labelling everything as marxist, you just make it that marxist doesn't mean anything.
You mean like calling everybody racist white supremacist nazis?

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 11, 2018, 07:03:37 AM

Europeans want to end all culture and language (parenting is tyranny).  Achieve the natural purity (per Rousseau) of the mute humans on Planet of the Apes.  But have all the brown folk at large and in charge.  The French guy who wrote that book, had a political point, and it was anti-US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 11, 2018, 07:41:39 AM
Exactly!

Some Belgians were Nazi-sympathizers.  Some still are.  Does that make all Belgians Nazis?  No.  But when "end justifies the propaganda" is your politics, one might as well wear an SS uniform.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2018, 01:20:23 PM
Some Belgians were Nazi-sympathizers.  Some still are.  Does that make all Belgians Nazis?  No.  But when "end justifies the propaganda" is your politics, one might as well wear an SS uniform.

Lol, i understand my unhealthy obsession with The motherland. Where does yours stem from? :p

Btw, one of my great-grandfathers tortured prisoners in a nazi-camp. I am fully aware of our past.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 11, 2018, 04:01:32 PM
Lol, i understand my unhealthy obsession with The motherland. Where does yours stem from? :p

Btw, one of my great-grandfathers tortured prisoners in a nazi-camp. I am fully aware of our past.

Americans are just as evil.  Happy now?  We are all evil together (equalitarianism).

Sorry your relative was involved.  Those were difficult times.  Authoritarianism and anti-Semitism were rife all over Europe (and the US).

My grandfathers etc fought in WW II, to liberate people like yours.  I am sure most Europeans would have preferred the Red Army ;-)

Obsession?  Well I grew up on WW II stories.  And those who forget history, are doomed to be sexy Nazi babes ;-)

See my post on sexy Nazi anime babes in the Dark section ...

I see it as a strain of early "Goth" that got way too serious ...

I added a post in the Pictures section, in case anyone thinks my distant German royal relations weren't germanic ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 11, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

The crimes of our elders are not inherited...  But also cannot be ignored.  Still, time frees us of our cultural past eventually. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on September 11, 2018, 07:44:25 PM
Americans are just as evil.  Happy now?  We are all evil together (equalitarianism).

Oh, I don't disagree on that. :p

Sorry your relative was involved.  Those were difficult times.  Authoritarianism and anti-Semitism were rife all over Europe (and the US).

Don't worry. Never knew the man. Never looked up to him. Go back far and wide enough, and we're all related to the truly wicked.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on September 12, 2018, 06:23:40 AM

Oh, I don't disagree on that. :p

Don't worry. Never knew the man. Never looked up to him. Go back far and wide enough, and we're all related to the truly wicked.

Go back far enough, and my ancestor probably killed one of yours.  Or vice versa.  When it gets to a point where you can't name the offenders, it is time to stop worrying about it.  And probably before that, too.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!