Author Topic: REPORT “OFFENSIVE” COMMENTS EVEN IF THEY’RE NOT “HATE CRIMES”  (Read 391 times)

Offline pr126

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

An information page was also posted in a follow up tweet that states, “The Police can only prosecute when the law is broken, but we also want to know about non-crime hate incidents. These incidents may not be criminal offences but often can feel like a crime to those affected, and can sometimes escalate to crimes.”

The tweet prompted thousands of responses because it specifically tells people to report incidents that are not even crimes.

“This hadn’t been thought through properly at all. I can imagine e your frontline officers, already overworked, reading that tweet and staring miserably at their workload on the computer, desperately trying to remember why they joined the job,” tweeted one respondent.

Figures released in July show that only 9% of crimes end with suspects being charged or summonsed in England and Wales. In some areas of the country, police are advising citizens that they will stop investigating “low level crimes” like shoplifting, car crime and criminal damage due to budget cuts.

Meanwhile, over 3,000 people in the UK are arrested every year under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003, which makes it illegal to intentionally “cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another.”

Priorities. 

Bring on the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Offline Baruch

Re: REPORT “OFFENSIVE” COMMENTS EVEN IF THEY’RE NOT “HATE CRIMES”
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:29:38 AM »
The proposed EU Internet rules just redefine "shitposting".  All conservatives should troll all liberal Internet content, and be offended, and report them to the police.  This war to end all memes is going to be epic!

Merkel is the Stasi Queen of Europe.
𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎌𐎀𐎍𐎎𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀𐎟𐎍𐎜𐎜𐎟𐎁𐎀𐎍𐎉𐎀𐎀𐎚𐎀
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline pr126

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:28:55 AM »
That what she did in the DDR.
Shaka, before the walls fell.
"Propaganda works best when those who are being manipulated are confident they are acting on their free will."
 - Joseph Goebbels

Cognitive-dissonance is fighting for women's rights and LBGT rights while defending Islam and Muslims against "Islamophobia".

Offline Munch

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »
They can get fucked.

UH OH, THEIR COMING FOR ME!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »
They can get fucked.

UH OH, THEIR COMING FOR ME!

You are a double agent of the Fascists!  Gay and yet not crazy liberal.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
If I reported everything that offended me,

then when would I find the time to get anything else done?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »
The hard right doesn't realize they're acting just like SJWs, just from the reverse side of the coin. It's funny to see the same tactics from each side.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 02:30:17 PM »
It's my opinion that offense can't be given, only taken.
"Thinking, analyzing, inventing are not anomalous acts; they are the normal respiration of the intelligence."
Jorge Louis Borges, in Pierre Menard

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »
It's my opinion that offense can't be given, only taken.
"You have to give someone the power to offend you."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 07:52:01 PM »
The hard right doesn't realize they're acting just like SJWs, just from the reverse side of the coin. It's funny to see the same tactics from each side.

The hard left doesn't realize they are acting just like Nazis.  Both are damned.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »
Do you know how the Nazis acted!? I haven't seen anyone acting like that from the left or the right! You're just making more stupid talk so you can get a rise, and you got it.
"Thinking, analyzing, inventing are not anomalous acts; they are the normal respiration of the intelligence."

Offline Baruch

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
Do you know how the Nazis acted!? I haven't seen anyone acting like that from the left or the right! You're just making more stupid talk so you can get a rise, and you got it.

You are so triggered ... are you related to Roy Rogers' horse? ;-)

Yes, I have studied WW II and prior ... a lot.  Same as Gawdzilla.  The US wants Götterdämmerung ... and will get it nice and hard.

Is even discussing WW II .. a hate crime in Europe?  The OP y'know.  What about WW I?

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »
That what she did in the DDR.
Shaka, before the walls fell.

I remember that episode as one of ST:TNGs finest.  I looked it up because of your reference, to refresh my memory.  It said most Star Trek fans disliked it.  But I loved it.  There was a long discussion on allegories vs metaphors, but the important part was that understanding in the oddest of thought-processes was possible.

“Gilgamesh and Enkidu. At Uruk.”

And yes, I've read Gilgamesh...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 07:15:40 AM »
I remember that episode as one of ST:TNGs finest.  I looked it up because of your reference, to refresh my memory.  It said most Star Trek fans disliked it.  But I loved it.  There was a long discussion on allegories vs metaphors, but the important part was that understanding in the oddest of thought-processes was possible.

“Gilgamesh and Enkidu. At Uruk.”

And yes, I've read Gilgamesh...

You were there ;-)

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »
He survived the Flood and didn't even get a stupid T-shirt!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk