Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

According to the Wall Street Journal, companies are reporting less emphasis on hiring degree holding applicant's.  They don't mind a degree of course, but adaptability and demonstration for aptitude for highly specific  skills are more important. 

This may be related to unaffordable educations, but that's only speculation on my part.  At any rate, it may suggest there is hope for bright young individuals, who are unable to make economic sense out of lifelong debt in order to get a good job.  I think most jobs, not all of course, require skills that most people, including graduates, haven't even considered, because technology and innovation are happening so fast that no one can keep up.  Learning and discovery almost have to take place on the job just to stay abreast of the growth.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on September 11, 2018, 10:53:14 AM
According to the Wall Street Journal, companies are reporting less emphasis on hiring degree holding applicant's.  They don't mind a degree of course, but adaptability and demonstration for aptitude for highly specific  skills are more important. 

This may be related to unaffordable educations, but that's only speculation on my part.  At any rate, it may suggest there is hope for bright young individuals, who are unable to make economic sense out of lifelong debt in order to get a good job.  I think most jobs, not all of course, require skills that most people, including graduates, haven't even considered, because technology and innovation are happening so fast that no one can keep up.  Learning and discovery almost have to take place on the job just to stay abreast of the growth.

I found that a degree may get you in the door of a company, but skill, hard work, and creativity are all that count afterwards.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 12, 2018, 02:59:55 AM
I found that a degree may get you in the door of a company, but skill, hard work, and creativity are all that count afterwards.

Correct, unfortunately.  One thinks that after all that college work, it is wine and roses after that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.